When I decided to go vegan, I truly did not know what I was about to get myself into. While I do love being vegan, there is one thing that has taken a while to kick, my addiction to cheese. Now that I have been vegan for a few months, I realize that eating cheese might actually upset my stomach instead of give me that lactose high I once craved so much.

If you are vegan too, here are some savory, cheesy products and recipes that can fulfill anyone’s craving for some mac or pizza.  

Nutritional Yeast

Nutritional Yeast

Photo courtesy of Blog.FatFreeVegan.com

This is a staple item for any vegan. Nutritional yeast will give any meal a cheesy flavor while adding tons of vitamins such as B12 and has about 9 grams of protein. You can use this to top off any pasta, pizza or dish, or use it in a recipe.

Daiya Cheese Products

Daiya cheese shreds

Photo courtesy of ImNotVegan.com

Any vegan who misses the strongest of cheeses can suffice any craving with some Daiya brand cheese. Hearing “soy-free,” “dairy-free” and “gluten-free” can be a bit worrisome for someone who is looking for a cheese replacement, you can find almost anything from cheese blocks, to cheese shreds, slices and even yogurt.

Vegan Pizza

Vegan pizza

Photo courtesy of WPR.org

Pizza is one of the best foods in the world. It is known as the drunk food of Americans, the easy on-the-go meal and something to bribe college students to attend events (we’ve all gotten the “Free Pizza at Math Club” emails, and have considered going just for the food). Being vegan does not mean you have to miss out on ordering out.  

There are also plenty of ways to bake your own pizza. This includes: adding veggies galore, piling on the pizza sauces, and playing around with different dairy free products like nutritional yeast and vegan cheese options.

Cashew Vegan Macaroni and Cheese

Cashew Cheese

Photo courtesy of HappyHealthyNourished.com

I miss mac and cheese. There. I said it. This was definitely one of my go-to meals when I wanted something quick and delicious. After going vegan, it only took a few weeks before I was trying to find a recipe for mac and cheese. Who would have thought to use cashews as cheese sauce?