For many of us, spring break is a time to go out and have fun in the sun. We might even travel to cool new places. However, for others it's the perfect time to get their wisdom teeth removed. Think about it: it takes a few days to recover after the surgery, and you won't miss school if you're already on break. This list is for those people. Having your wisdom teeth removed shouldn't mean that you can't enjoy yummy food. 

Here's a list of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, snacks, and desserts you should eat when you physically can't chew.

Breakfast

Açai bowl with bananas and almond butter

chocolate
Jamie Honowitz

Did you know you can buy this at the supermarket? It's amazing. It comes in little frozen packets and all you have to do is run it under water and put in all the toppings you like. Forgo the granola and pineapple—they're hard to chew and will take away all the fun.

Smoothies 

apple, sweet, juice, smoothie
Mimi Dunn

Try being ~healthy~ with some kale and make some green smoothies, or stick to fruits and try different types of combinations. You can also have these as a snack or at any point in your day, really.

#SpoonTip: Change it up and make a new type every day, and also remember not to use straws. 

Lunch

Pasta 

pasta, vegetable, sauce, spinach, penne, seafood, chicken, meat, basil
Amanda Shulman

Personally, I recommend mac and cheese or any other cheesy pasta. Maybe ravioli? Four-cheese ravioli with cheese sauce? Okay, I'm getting carried away, but you get the point. Stick to smaller pasta types or ones that are easy to cut since opening your mouth will be difficult for a couple of days.

Avocado

avocado, vegetable, sweet, guacamole
Jessica Kelly

Drizzle it in balsamic glaze, or put some salt on it (go light so it doesn't hurt, but salt does in fact have magical healing powers). I know what you're thinking, "How did I not think of this before?" I know. You're welcome. 'Cados FTW, always.

Snacks

Chocolate pudding, squeeze pouches and/or yogurt

pizza, cake
Jamie Honowitz

You have countless options of snacks that don't require chewing and also keep you healthy. Or, you can dive straight into the pudding cups and try every flavor. You do you, no one is judging, you just got surgery in your mouth. I recommend a healthy mix of yummy and healthy.

Dinner 

Soup...obviously

bacon, cream, vegetable, parsley, soup
Katie Elliott

Soup is not only perfect if you can't chew, but it's also good for the soul. Personally, butternut squash, tomato, and chicken noodle are my favorites. 

Mashed potatoes 

sweet, dairy, dumpling, ravioli, mashed potatoes, milk, dairy product, cream
Helena Lin

Mashed potatoes, aka the perfect comfort food. No chewing involved but still delicious. It's also ridiculously easy to make

Dessert

Ice cream (again, obviously)

coffee, sweet, ice cream, chocolate, dairy product, milk, ice, cream
Torey Walsh

It's by far the best thing you can eat. I'll be perfectly honest: if your friends are in town and are planning on visiting, don't buy ice cream. It's probably the #1 thing people will bring you after you get your wisdom teeth removed. I had about five or six pints by the third day. 

#SpoonTip: Remind your friends which ones are your favorite flavors.

Jell-O

goody, strawberry, chocolate, cake, sweet, gelatin, candy
Emma Lally

I wonder how many different flavors of Jell-O exist. Use this time to try every single one. Mix them and make layered Jell-O, jiggle the plate and enjoy it multiple times a day. Jell-O is where the party is at, people. It's also the easiest snack/dessert to eat, and you can eat tons of it. 

No matter what, not being able to chew doesn't mean you can't eat delicious food. So eat away, and remember to take tons of pictures of your chubby face so you and your friends can laugh for years to come.