Thursday night on ABC studios has become known as “Shondaland” or Shonda Thursday because the three popular shows that air are all produced by Shonda Rhimes: the genius behind Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, and How to Get Away with Murder.

So here’s the question, what’re the perfect snack and drink pairings to get you through all this drama? Don’t worry, we got you. If you’re really up for drinking, be sure to play this TGIT drinking game while you tune in.

Scandal

Drink – Wine

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

Wine is a Scandal staple. Fans cringed when Jake tried to get Olivia to drink beer – it simply is NOT classy enough for wearers of the white hat. Whether it’s a celebratory toast, or she’s mulling over a new case, Olivia can always be found with a glass of red wine.

Get cozy with hot, mulled wine and comfy slippers and prepare to feel fancy.

Eat – Popcorn

Photo by Andrea Kang

Olivia’s diet consists mainly of red wine and popcorn… so why shouldn’t yours? Popcorn is the perfect snack to munch on while OPA deals with their latest case.

A steamy, intense show like Scandal requires a buttery, salty snack to help you keep up with the fast-paced drama. Take a peek at these fancy ways to spice up popcorn to make it even better. Fear not, lovers of liberty, popcorn has got it handled.

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

How to Get Away With Murder

Drink – Vodka Cosmopolitan

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

Sit back, but don’t relax. How to Get Away With Murder is the fast-paced new show laced with mystery and some badass lawyers. You’re going to need an adult beverage and unconventional snack that keeps you sharp.

Classy with a kick is Annalise in a nutshell. Vodka and cranberry juice, also known as a cosmo, is the perfect drink to sip on while you watch HTGAWM.

This isn’t a kid’s show, people, so a kiddy drink won’t do it justice. Pour yourself that sophisticated, adult beverage and get ready for all the twists and turns of this awesome show. Hate the taste of alcohol? Check out these hacks to make your vodka taste less like poison.

Eat – Blood Spatter Cookies

Photo courtesy of annieseats.com

These sweet little cookies will keep you in the mood to solve a murder with their intricate frosting. Plus, they may look messy to eat, but since the frosting dries hard onto the cookies, they’re not messy at all, so you can focus on the murder on screen instead of the messy snack in your lap. Before you settle in to watch Annalise work her magic, you can make these cookies with this recipe.

Grey’s Anatomy

Drink – Tequila

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

Oh, the drama. Oh, the trauma. Welcome to the world of Grey’s Anatomy, where there’s sure to be tears.

Tequila was always Meredith’s drink of choice, so why not make it yours too? We suggest mixing it with some limeade to tone down the bite. Even if you’ve never been a fan of hard liquor, this tequila-infused salsa recipe is worth a try. After all, Meredith loves it, and doctors know best.

Eat – Chocolate

Shonda

Photo by Peter Yu

What’s the easiest way to get over the emotional breakdown of your favorite character? Chocolate, of course. It doesn’t matter if it’s a chocolate bar or a box of chocolates, they are necessary to have by your side during the show.

If you want a more complex snack to accompany some of Dr. Shepherd’s more complicated surgeries, be sure to investigate this great list of chocolate recipes healthy enough for any doctor’s stamp of approval.