Valentine’s Day is coming up, and while dinner with your significant other sounds like a great idea – it’s a typical night you can have any of the other 364 days of the year.

Go above and beyond instead with these adventurous dates in Philly, perfect for the food-loving couple or those on a college student budget. We guarantee it’s better than Netflix and chill, all under $25.

1. Walking Food Tour

valentine

Photo courtesy of Albert Melu

Treat your date to something other than Chinese takeout, and explore the sights of Chinatown. Best of all, this Valentine’s Day food tour is completely free (except for the cost of food, generally around $10-12).

You’ll see everything from the Friendship Gate to the Asian Arts Initiative, with stops at a fortune cookie factory and moon cake bakery. End the day with family-style dim sum – here’s our guide to navigating the etiquette and our favorite dishes.

2. Camping & S’mores

Photo by Kelly McAdam

Take advantage of the cold weather and bundle up to go camping with bae at Philly’s best camping grounds. It’s campfire season, and there’s nothing cozier than stargazing while eating s’mores. Impress your date even more with our delicious s’mores combos: the girl scout thin mint cookie with graham crackers is our favorite.

3. Rosenbach Museum’s History of Love Letters

Photo courtesy of rosenbach.org

For the history buff, check out the Rosenbach Museum and Library’s Love Letters exhibit. It’s an extraordinary tribute to love letters, with emotional writing sure to make your heart melt.

Peek into the minds of everyone from famous poet John Keats to the dying wishes of a Civil War soldier long ago, and even write your own love letter through the hands-on component offered by Publetters.

4. Philadelphia Museum of Art’s “Art After 5” Dinner

Photo courtesy of philamuseum.org

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and nothing is more beautiful than spending time with your date to the background of classic love songs by the Calabash Quartet and a French prix fixe menu, all covered by $14 museum admission.

5. Mural Arts Love Letters Train Tour 

valentine

Photo courtesy of muralarts.org

Taking SEPTA has never been more interesting than with the Mural Arts Program’s Love Letter tour. Famed street artist Stephen Powers AKA ESPO painted 50 rooftop murals about love, and a professional tour guide tells the stories behind each piece.

It’s a fascinating ride, and it’s even better with the added perk of $5 off admission to the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts museum.

6. Blue Cross Winter Fest

valentine

Photo courtesy of uwishunu on flickr.com

If you love winter and aren’t quite over the holiday season yet, visit Blue Cross Winter Fest. Try the “Sweetheart Skate” for $20 and then warm up together by getting hot chocolate in the nearby lodge.

It’ll be like recreating Love Actually or The Holiday, except in real life with bae by your side.

7. Philadelphia Zoo’s “Wild at Heart”

valentine

Photo courtesy of Philadelphia Zoo

There’s nothing cuter than seeing adorable animals for Valentine’s Day, so bring your date to Philadelphia Zoo’s special exhibit called “Wild at Heart.” You’ll see colorful parrots, fuzzy penguins, and sleepy red pandas cuddling with their love, for the price of $16.

Valentine’s Day is a special night, and your date deserves a great time out. Amaze your significant other with everything from a walking food tour to romantic art murals – whatever you choose, we’re sure it’ll be full of unforgettable memories.