A wise man once said, "It seems like blessings keep falling in my lap." Although it's important to be thankful for your blessings every day of the year, there is one particular day when it's especially important—Thanksgiving.

Here at Spoon HQ, we have a lot to be thankful for. From our cozy NYC offices (yeah that's right, we have TWO now), to our fully stocked (and sometimes smelly) fridges, to a hardworking team of over 20 talented and intelligent individuals, to our network of dedicated contributors at over 200 college campuses around the world, to every single person who takes the time out of their busy days to read and watch Spoon.

In honor of Thanksgiving, we each took a second to give a little shoutout to everything each and every one of us is especially thankful for this year—at a time when we need to be reminded the most. Happy Thanksgiving, and happy reading.

Mackenzie Barth, CEO and Cofounder, and Sarah Adler, CTO and Cofounder

wine
Mackenzie Barth

"Sarah and I are thankful for all the people who have made Spoon a part of their lives! Spoon would not exist today without a totally dedicated, hardworking HQ team and enthusiastic members around the world."

Andrea Jacobs, Community Engagement Manager

cake, sweet
Spoon University

"I've got SO MUCH to be thankful for: freedom, safety, family, health, community, Spoon University and dessert."

Andrea Kravitz, Community Engagement Manager

Spoon University

"This year, I am thankful for athleisure (aka an excuse to wear sweats and sneakers every day and call it #trendy), strong coffee, Postmates, DVR, Kimojis and the fact that Jon Snow is still alive. But on the real, I am most thankful for my friends, family, SpoonHQ team and the amazing contributors I get to work with day in and day out. And for margaritas, obviously, lots of margaritas."

Andy Kang, Community Operations Manager

Spoon University
"I'm thankful for my family, finding new friends in NYC and getting back a bunch of my best friends, and generally being surrounded by good, smart people who care about the world. I feel very lucky. And the fact that Whole Foods opened up in my neighborhood this summer (v important)!"

Spencer Dukoff, Managing Editor

cake, tea
Spoon University

"I'm thankful for my family, friends, and health blah blah blah blah blah. But beyond that, I'm thankful for dollar slices, sweatpants, and Trader Joe's Scandinavian Swimmers."

Sam Dilling, Editor

cake
Spoon University

"I'm thankful for a full year in NYC surrounded by the hardest working people I've ever met, every brave student who has shared his or her story on Spoon, every dog I've passed on the street, every strawberry cream cheese bagel I've eaten, the opportunity to see the West Coast with people I love dearly, and Mexican beer."

Jess Dickerson, Editor

beer, coffee, tea
Spoon University

"I'm thankful to have a full belly and clean drinking water every day, and I'm thankful for people around the world who fight to make sure that one day every human on the planet has both of those things as well."

Claire Waggoner, Editor 

tea, beer, coffee
Spoon University

"I'm thankful for my four beautiful kittens and my parents, who are kind enough to keep getting me cats. I'm also thankful for my friends back home in Indiana who have been so supportive of me moving out of state, and for my brother who's serving our country overseas at the moment."

"I feel so blessed to have also found an awesome roommate in NYC who's nice enough to introduce me to all her amazing friends. And, of course, I'm so incredibly thankful for the amazing Spoon chapters I get to work with every day."

Marina Nazario, Editor

tea, beer, cake
Spoon University

"I'm thankful for my parents, who basically just went along with every crazy idea that I had about what I wanted to do with my life after graduation. Lowkey ran the idea of being a dolphin trainer to them... it was a desperate time. And I'm thankful for my friends for putting up with me and my crazy antics. And for food, for being my muse."

Emily Pope, Audience Development & Partnerships Manager

pizza, pepperoni
Spoon University
"I'm so thankful for my friends and family who supported me when I had the crazy idea of moving to NYC four years ago, and for the amazing friends I've made here since! I'm also thankful for my hardworking co-workers at SpoonHQ making every day so fun and exciting!"

Rachel Williamson, Social Media Manager

tea, juice, beer, coffee
Spoon University

"I'm thankful for every Facebook and Instagram follower, with a special place in my heart for the ones who call us out on our sh*t. I'm also beyond thankful for my friends and family (and every Spoon HQ member's) who've supported us at every stage of Spoon, plus special S/O to Spoon's #1 FB fan and coffee machine donator, my dad, Scott Williamson."

Shelby Bank, Social Media Editor

beer, cake
Spoon University

"This year I am thankful for continuously pushing myself out of my comfort zone, s/o to NYC and all things Spoon. Having a BF that deals with and supports my crazy (HEY BUBS!). A family that always tells me when my jokes aren’t funny, and most importantly, the most majestic mammals in the animal kingdom, whales."

Jordan Ryda, Data Scientist

beer, tea, cake, coffee
Spoon University
"It’s my first Thanksgiving as a pseudo-American and I’m thankful for a few things that made my transition to NYC from London so seamless: my two passports, my family in Park Slope who let me stay so generously for several months and for Spoon who gave me the job offer, and the final piece of confidence, to move abroad. Without these things, this year would have looked mighty different."

David Chester, Video Production Manager

tea, beer, pizza, coffee, cake
Spoon University

"I'm thankful to have family and friends to spend the holidays with. I'm thankful for those who can provide an escape by being great company. I'm thankful for those in my life who inspire me just by being them. I also found a pretty great dumpling place recently, so that's pretty cool too."

Caroline O'Toole, Graphic & UI/UX Designer

cake, beer
Spoon University

"I'm thankful for my health, my ever-supportive friends and family, my boyfriend Jake (for always tagging me in the greatest dog photos on Instagram), the Spoon team (for being awesome, always), and for breakfast foods (just for existing)."

Matt Lovan, Director of Engineering

beer, cake
Spoon University

"I'm thankful for parks and coffee and podcasts and being able to work on things that I care about, and work with people who are smart and hardworking. I'm thankful for having material abundance that allows me to pursue my goals without worrying about having enough to eat or a place to sleep. I'm thankful for all of the smart people who write and speak and share their knowledge with the world."

Nichol Alexander, Full Stack Engineer

Spoon University

"I'm thankful for my family, the boundless joys of JavaScript, an awesome team of people to work with, and last but surely not least, a good rum punch on an early winter's day."

Luke Chin, Junior Full Stack Engineer

banana, coffee
Lucas Chin

"I'm thankful for a year of growth and opportunity which has led me to a great job with Spoon University, being a part of team of people I admire, the new friends I've made this past year, my health, and that so much of my life seems to be falling into place right now. Most of all I'm thankful for the support and love of my family, and that we will all be together on Thanksgiving."

#SpoonTip: Luke will be getting his Honorary Spoon University Polaroid Photo shortly.

Jocelyn Hsu, Community Intern and Spoon MVP

coffee

"I'm thankful for incredible friends who get me like no other, homemade pies aka heaven in a tin, and adorable puppies who make everyone's day better. Plus, so grateful for the Spoonies who are always down to try new restaurants and take pictures of food with me."

And we, at Spoon HQ, are thankful for you, reader. We wouldn't be able to do what we do if it wasn't for you.