Supernatural has been on the air for eleven seasons now and, as a fan from the very start, I’ve gone through the ringer with our poor boys. How much pain could the Winchesters and their family possible go through? So, so much — and yet you’d think the writers could just give Dean the simple little thing he’s been asking for after all these years.

supernatural

Such a simple request, but, alas, Dean still goes pieless. Well, I may not be able to give him what he wants most, but hopefully a pie-related Supernatural post comes close to filling the void. Here are Supernatural characters, if they were pie.

Dean Winchester: Apple Pie

supernatural

Photo by Courtney Carter

A long time ago (season one), Sam was the one who wanted to settle down and start a family and just get out of the “family business.” Fast forward a couple years, and it’s not Sam asking for the typically American life — it’s Dean.

In fact, Dean even gets a short taste of what it would be like with Lisa and Ben. He worked a nine to five job, had a loving girlfriend, and had an adoring “son.” Whether Dean likes it or not, he’s as American as apple pie.

supernatural

Photo courtesy of spnclothesstyle.com

Sam Winchester: Sweet Potato Pie

supernatural

Photo by Lauren D’Amore

Sam has never proved to be the steadiest character. Of all the transformations throughout this series, his is easily the most surprising. We see him make choices that shock the audience, which proves just how much he changes season to season, but in Dean’s eyes, Sam has been and always will be his little brother.

Sweet potato pie often gets compared to pumpkin pie — an old, reliable classic. But when it’s made right, sweet potato pie has a totally unique and surprising taste, much more savory than its counterpart.

You’re not sure what you’re going to get on your first bite, much like you don’t know what you’re going to get from Sam every episode. For an even bigger twist, check out this recipe that turns a sweet potato pie into a delicious casserole.

supernatural

Photo courtesy of fanpop.com

Castiel: Shoofly Pie

supernatural

Photo courtesy of wikipedia.com

Shoofly pie is truly one of a kind, just like our dear Cas. There really is no other angel like Cas, as has been proven time and again. He’s played a hero one season and a secret and unintentional villain the next, but his heart was always in the right place, even if his head wasn’t.

Like Cas, Shoofly pie is not like any of the other pies. It’s sort of a molasses pie, but far superior, with brown sugar topping to make it a little coarser. The center of the pie is always sweet, though, just like Cas.

supernatural

Photo courtesy of supernatural.wikia.com

Crowley: Shepherd’s Pie

supernatural

Photo courtesy of @streetkitchenhu on Instagram

This pie works on three levels. Number one: Shepherd’s pie comes from the United Kingdom and so does Fergus, aka Crowley. Number two: the last name of the actor who plays Crowley is Sheppard. Different spelling, but same pronunciation as “Shepherd.” Number three: Crowley needs to be a savory pie.

In recent seasons, I guess it could be argued that he’s somewhat sweet, but deep down he’s really not the friendliest guy around. He’s tough and strong, like any good king should be, just like a Shepherd’s pie is hearty.

supernatural

Photo courtesy of purefandom.com

Jody Mills: Banana Cream Pie

supernatural

Photo by Courtney Cheng

When we first meet Jody, it’s obvious that she’s a strong person with a very sweet heart. She’s a sheriff, a wife, and a mom. She’s not the type of person that ever goes down without a fight, and she will always fight for the ones she cares about.

Over time, she’s become a surrogate mom for Dean and Sam, and has even taken in two girls who were near strangers to raise them —even after her own family was killed. Knock Jody down, break her legs, and she’ll still get right back up again.

Like Jody, banana cream pie doesn’t necessarily look that powerful from the outside. It seems light and fluffy, but after diving in, you’re sure to feel just how filling it really is. It proves pie shouldn’t be underestimated, just like Jody.

supernatural

Photo courtesy of supernaturalwiki.com

Bobby Singer: Beef and Beer Pie

supernatural

Photo courtesy of @satoponpon54 on Instagram

Bobby has gone through a hell of a lot throughout his life. He’s lost family and friends all around, and even lost the use of his legs. Although his strength has faltered at times, Bobby went out swinging, proving that the “town drunk” is just as powerful as all of them, most often even more so.

Even when he was sweet, he did it with strength, like every time he talked to the boys. They knew he loved them, but he did so in not a very sugary sweet way. Like Crowley, Bobby needs a savory pie. And I think he would approve of any pie with beer in it, or really any food with beer in it.

supernatural

Photo courtesy of supernaturalwiki.com

Charlie Bradbury: Lemon Meringue Pie

supernatural

Photo by Courtney Cheng

Charlie is super sweet, but she’s got another part to her underlying all that kindness. Like the lemon meringue is a sour as well as sweet, Charlie is strong as well as sweet. She may seem tiny, but she should never be underestimated.

Charlie fought until the end and was always smarter than every person in the room, but she never rubbed it in. She became the Winchesters’ little sister, and she was never afraid to show how much she loved them, even if them showing up in her life wasn’t the best thing for her.

supernatural