Prosciutto is defined as thinly sliced, cured, Italian ham. This delicious meat is salty, very flavorful, and used on a variety of different dishes. The reason why prosciutto is sliced so thinly is because the meat itself is so tough. If the slices were even a tiny bit thicker, they would be impossible to chew. However, the toughness is barely noticeable as the average slice is only a millimeter or two thick.

For those of you unfamiliar with the uses and recipes where prosciutto is found here are some of my favorites:

1. Prosciutto with Melon 

Not as common as other prosciutto uses, the combination of prosciutto and melon is an acquired taste. This dish can be found most often in Europe. Mixing the saltiness of the prosciutto and the sweetness of the melon has still made this choice popular around the world.

2. Antipasto Plates

Commonly found on antipasto plates, this dish of prosciutto and other meats and cheeses, making for the best appetizer or snack. 

3. Prosciutto on Pizza

In my opinion, prosciutto is better than pepperoni on pizza. It's soft and easy to bite and chew. Plus, it is SO so flavorful.

4. Prosciutto wrapped Vegetables (or Fruit)

Don't like vegetables? You will now. Prosciutto adds that salty and flavorful kick that every vegetable needs, and especially roasted, this is the perfect snack or side dish.

5. Prosciutto Sandwich 

Probably the best lunch meat ever, prosciutto can make for a bomb sandwich. Pair it with some arugula, mozzarella, olive oil, tomato, and some toasted bread and you've got yourself a fantastic lunch

6. Prosciutto in Salad

If you're feeling healthy and craving a salad, add prosciutto next time. Prosciutto will add that extra flavor you're looking for and tastes good with just about everything. From caesar or balsamic, to lemon and olive oil, the possibilities are truly endless.

Now that you know all about prosciutto you are ready to experiment with all the possible recipes... prepare your tastebuds!