It’s officially fall which means parents’ weekends are happening all over the country. Having your family see your college home is both awesome and overwhelming. Mostly, though, family weekend means eating all of the food you normally don’t make for yourself.

The ladies of Broad City can perfectly describe what goes down when the ‘rents come to visit.

1. You remember that today is the day that you finally get to be reunited with your parents (and eat for free).

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

Obviously you love and miss your parents but let’s be honest, you’ve marked today in your planner as “Dinner at Farm.”

2. They ask if you want to go to that expensive restaurant you’ve been dying to try.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

Mom reveals she already made a reservation for 7 pm and you want to cry with happiness.

3. And, yes, they insist you get whatever you want.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

This is why you ~truly~ love them.

4. You realize that this will be the first time in a while that you’re eating three square meals.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

You probably should try to eat like a normal person more often.

5. They come into your house and comment on the lack of proper supplies you have stocked in the kitchen and try to reorganize everything.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

You try your best to convince them that you have your shit together and you can totally handle living in a house.

6. They take you grocery shopping and buy you the brand name version of everything.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

Yas. For once you’re eating real Cocoa Puffs instead of the Kroger brand.

6. They plan an elaborate tailgate including steak, hotdogs, a veggie platter, enough chips to feed an army, and lots of hard cider.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

Everything that the light touches is yours to eat for free right now and you’ve never felt so exhilarated.

8. You convince them to buy that extra bottle of wine… just in case, of course.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

And it’s totally kosher for you to be drinking in public because your parents are there.

9. They leave and you realize you won’t have them to cook or buy food for you until Thanksgiving.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

You’ve been so spoiled this weekend with not having to do a single thing to ensure your survival.

10. You realize you have a ton of leftovers in the fridge from their visit and you won’t need to cook this week.

Broad City

GIF courtesy of Tumblr.com

It’s chill though because in the aftermath that was parents’ weekend you came out a winner with leftover pizza and Thai food.