If it’s true that we are what we eat, then the foods that the presidential candidates are nommin’ on is worthy of our attention. Read on to find out what the final five are made of.

Bernie

presidential

Photo courtesy of Robert S. Donovan on Flickr

A self-professed grill master, Bernie sticks mainly to meat and vegetables. He enjoys the occasional pork chop on the campaign trail, and according to his daughter, was Paleo before Paleo was a thing.

That’s not to say the millennial magnet doesn’t indulge, though. Last February Bernie splurged with some B+J’s “Bernie’s Yearning” on The View, and in November, he got his soul food fix on with rapper Killer Mike. His order? Fried chicken, macaroni, and yams. That’s right, treat yo self Mr. Sanders.

GIF courtesy of brooklynmutt.com

Hillary

presidential

Photo by Stephanie DeVaux

The former secretary of state likes it hot. Hill’s favorite food to eat on the campaign trail is raw jalapeños (ay caramba), and during her time as First Lady, Hillary had a collection of more than 100 hot sauces varieties. She’s kind of over the whole Pumpkin Spice Latte craze, but she is enthusiastic about hummus, baba ghanoush, and tahini.

Cruz

presidential

Photo courtesy of mcdonalds.co.uk

Ted likes his food, and he likes it fast. His go-to breakfast is a McDonald’s egg white sandwich and his favorite things to eat on the campaign trail are barbecue, Mexican, and “a lot of fast food.” When he’s away from his family, Ted keeps it simple with canned soups, but when he’s with his daughter and the Mrs., he likes to hit up California Pizza Kitchen. Mr. Cruz’s favorite food is cheese and his least favorite is (brace yourselves) avocado.

Kasich

presidential

Photo by Daniel Schuleman

Kasich keeps us guessing when it comes to his eating habits, as little is on-the-record regarding his favorite cuisines. He does seem to be one for Italian food though, as he has expressed interest in pasta and enjoys the occasional slice of ‘za.

Trump

presidential

Photo courtesy of Flickr

The Donald is a teetotaler. For those of you who aren’t up to snuff on your abstinence-related vocab, it means that Trump doesn’t drink alcohol. He also refrains from coffee and tea, but he makes sure to keep life sweet with cherry-vanilla ice cream and See’s Candies.

Donald also is a fan of hamburgers and of scraping the toppings off his pizza — that’s right, he never eats the dough. According to the GOP hopeful, the campaign trail consists of snacks on snacks on snacks, and overall has caused him to lose fifteen pounds.