The unicorn trend has really taken flight within the past few months. Whether its beauty products or food trends, Instagram timelines have been flooded with pastels and glitter. As if this trend wasn't basic enough Starbucks went and got involved with the new Unicorn Frappuccino. 

Last week, the Unicorn Frappuccino surfaced causing havoc across all social media platforms. People were either totally for it or completely disgusted by the drink. Starbucks announced that the drink was, in fact, becoming a part of the menu, but the gag is that it's only here for five days ( April 19 through April 23). I couldn't be left out of the trendy bubble so I went to Starbucks this morning and got my own before they were gone.

chocolate, milk, coffee
Zil'Laha Clark

I'm not gonna lie, I almost backed out of this. When I first heard of the drink, I just imagined a super sweet, cavity-creating monstrosity, but when I finally got my drink, I was pleasantly surprised.  

The drink is made with a sweet pink powder blended into a crème Frappuccino with mango syrup. It's layered with a sour blue powder topping with a funky teal drizzle inside the cup and "fairy dust" topped whip cream.  

The presentation got a 10 out of me. My frapp that I got from the on-campus Starbucks looked just as pretty as all the ones I've seen on Instagram. The first sip was something very interesting. It was like a vanilla crème with a tropical twist. I tried the whipped cream and the sprinkles were really sour. 

I swirled the drink around to see if the drink really did change colors. After a few swirls, my lovely lavender drink magically transformed into a pretty pink drink; along with the change of color when swirled, the flavor of the drink also changed from sweet to tart. The overall taste that I got from it was SweetTart-cotton candy. 

I give this Frappuccino 8 out of 10 unicorn horns, but I wouldn't get this drink again just based on the fact that it's super sweet and I've had the taste of unicorn in my mouth since the moment I took my first sip.