When I was just a young lad, I had discovered Taco Bell as a place where I could order any amount of greasy, fast food and not feel any ounce of remorse. Some people will be quick to write off T-Bell as simply another place to eat on the highway, but they could not be any more wrong.

I am here to tell you the good word of the Bell. Its delicacy is not confined to its own walls, and is even able to improve any meal that is fortunate enough to be on the same table as your Taco Bell. Join me, as we discover how a fast food chain can unleash your inner culinary creativity.

1. The McDirtySanchez

fast food

Photo by Rachel Pfister

Me: “Man, I kinda want McDonalds, but Taco Bell is so much closer.”
My friend: “What if we went to both? Does that make us fat just for the thought?”
Me: “No. It makes us visionaries.”

This was the conversation that went down almost a year ago sitting in a mall parking lot. What came after was the beautiful love-child of McDonald’s burgers and Taco Bell’s sides. We grabbed the McChicken, a McDouble, and cheesy fiesta potatoes, and we created something breathtaking.

fast food

Photo by Rachel Pfister

The cheese on the potatoes keep the potatoes on top of the sandwich for the duration of the ride. The chicken between the two beef patties adds an amazing spice that you never thought you would want in a hamburger. Lettuce, onions, pickles, tomatoes are all just extra goodness you can add if you think you can fit all of this in one unprepared bun.

The best aspect of this sandwich is the price tag: $3.50. Who needs a whopper for almost three dollars more, or a burrito for two when this pure-bred of a meal is sitting right in front of you for almost nothing? Just think of all the things you could do with the money you saved, like buy another McDirtySanchez.

2. Pollo in a Blanket

fast food

Photo by Bryan Rockwood

The burrito can be regarded as Taco Bell’s greatest impact to the world. Some could argue the Crunchwrap Surpreme, or even the Doritos Locos Taco, but they’re wrong. The burrito is classic, iconic, and most importantly, delicious.

With the reemergence of the Chicken Fries at Burger King, it would be an absolute shame if you haven’t had them with every other food possible. So, as most pioneers do, we make absurd decisions. Our insane idea combines the hype that comes along with Chicken Fries, and the delicious stalwart of Taco Bell: the Cheesy Potato Burrito.

fast food

Photo by Bryan Rockwood

Chicken, beef, and potatoes meet again, but this time wrapped in only the highest quality tortillas. Full disclosure: this dish is a tad difficult to master, but the end product is easily worth the effort. Just make sure not to go overboard on the helpings.

3. Cinnamon Vanilla Frosty

fast food

Photo by Bryan Rockwood

Lastly we have dessert, because every good food outing has to end in ice cream. Taco Bell does have an ever expanding sweets menu, but we want to focus on its OG dessert, the Cinna-Twist.

The Frosty has become just as notable, if not more, than the Baconator. Simple, yet elegant, placing your fried cinnamon swirl in a vanilla ice cream can elevate your treat to Instagram worthy proportions.

But the party doesn’t stop there. Crumble it up, mix it around, use it as your spoon: the world is your cinnamon flavored oyster. Anyone can become a professional dessert chef in a few moments, thanks to the Cinna-Twist.

Now go forth, and feast. Spread the good word of the taco, the quesadilla, and the burrito. Come back with your own creations, or check out what your fellow foodies have discovered: