Muffin pans are so underrated. You can legitimately make every meal with one. They're perfect for portion control because each individual piece within the pan is pretty small, and they're relatively mess free. Plus, anything that comes in muffin form just tastes so much better. Here are 13 epic ways to use the most underrated kitchen utensil that don't include baking your average muffin. 

1. No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups

chocolate, butter, peanut, peanut butter
Reed Erickson

Okay, I'm buggin'. These no-bake treats are the ultimate combo. Trying to be healthy? Just replace the milk chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips. You're welcome. Now go decide if they're better than Reese's.

2. Mac and Cheese Bites

cheese, cake, sweet, pastry, muffin
Kirby Barth

The perfect way to keep yourself from inhaling a whole box of mac and cheese. Just one of these indulgent bites will satisfy your cravings.

3. Baked Apples

apple
Kayla Jimenez

You don't need Nick Viall to give you a rose when you can make these sweet apple roses for yourself.  They're basically like open apple pies, so what's not to love?

4. Pizza

pepperoni, sauce, tomato, pizza
Marissa Arnett

Just when you thought pizza couldn't get better, these things came along. These 'za muffins are also super affordable because all you need is pre-made biscuit dough, sauce, cheese, and whatever toppings your heart desires. 

5. Spaghetti and Meatball Cups

meatball, basil, tomato, beef, pasta, meat, sauce, spaghetti
Emma Lally

Let's be honest, we all know how easy it is to shovel piles and piles of this Italian classic into our mouths without thinking twice. Sometimes, we need a lil help with portion control, so don't worry, we gotchu. These spaghetti cups will give you the perfect fix and the perfect amount of noodle goodness. 

6. Nutella-Stuffed Doughnuts

butter, peanut butter, peanut, chocolate
Julia Murphy

Straight up, this is next level genius. Why go through the effort of frying doughnuts when you can just throw these in the oven? No one will be able to keep their hands off of these heavenly treats.

7. Corn Dogs

chocolate, bread, dough, candy, cake, pastry, sweet, cookie
Julia Liang

Yeah, I know. This seems slightly questionable, but give these corn dogs a chance before you hate on 'em. Since these aren't deep fried, not only are they easier for you to make, but they're even healthier than the corn dogs you might get at a fair.

8. Parmesan Cups

cake, cream, milk, candy, sweet, chocolate
Emmy Daniels

The only thing more amazing than food? Food that comes inside of other food. Now, it's easier than ever to do that with these parmesan cups that only take 15 minutes to make. Tell your pasta to say goodbye to boring bowls and hello to these unreal cheese cups.

9. Mini Tacos

dairy product, sweet, meat, sauce, pie, pastry, cheese
Kristi Cook

Taco Tuesday has been changed forever. These mini cups are the ultimate fix for the mess that comes with making tacos. Plus, they're totally customizable, so everyone can add in whatever they're feeling. 

10. Jalapeño Popper Scrambled Eggs

bacon, vegetable, meat, cheese
Emma Lally

So much flavor in these little guys, and, obviously, they aren't cooked in gross paper. They're wrapped in bacon! These egg bites are the perfect way to start your day and spice up your life.

11. Sweet Potato Kugel

vegetable, sweet, cream, dairy product
Alexis Clark

Put a twist on this classic Jewish dish by using sweet potatoes instead of regular ones. By baking them in muffin tins, they're automatically more fun to eat (since they're bite-sized).

12. Cheesesteak Bites

cheese
Paige Marie Rodgers

These look way more complicated than they actually are. Impress all of your friends with these mini cheesesteaks (without going all the way to Philly). 

13. Cheesy French Onion Soup Dumplings

bread, meat, seafood, cheese, fish, dairy product, vegetable
Katie Elliott

You're combining French onion soup and dumplings, so what could possibly be bad? So much flavor all in one bite. The hardest part will be stopping yourself from stuffing your face with these.

So, what are you waiting for? Go dig out your muffin pan, and start cooking. You may never want to eat food off of a plate again or baked any other way again.