If you haven’t been to the new Walgreens on State and North University, do it. Seriously. The two-story shop in place of the former Michigan Book & Supply has all your food and dorm essentials (plus more than a few extra items you probably didn’t know you needed ’til now). If you didn’t have a reason to stop by the new Walgreens before, here are eight:

1. Fresh produce: It can be hard to keep new years resolutions on a college diet, but Walgreens is helping to make it a little easier. Soon you’ll be able to find fresh fruit and vegetables right on-campus in a refrigerated produce section near the front of the store. Who knew!?

2. Frozen yogurt station: It may be zero degrees outside, but c’mon, when is it ever a bad time for some froyo? Choose between nonfat and lowfat flavors such as birthday cake, cookies ‘n cream, or Tahitian vanilla, and pile it with toppings: fruity pebbles, Oreo pieces, Butterfinger bites, mini gummy bears, or (my favorite) sea salt caramel truffles. Get a small for $3.99 or splurge for a large at $4.99 (no more weighing by ounce!).

Aly Raphael - Walgreens - Parisa Soraya

Photo by Parisa Soraya

3. Build-your-own 6 Pack: Thanks to Walgreens, your beer options for tonight just got a little more sophisticated. Now you can choose your own six-pack, mixing-and-matching between classics like Heineken and Stella or switching it up with a few artisan and local brews. Either way it’s only $9.99 for a six-pack or $1.99 for single bottles.

4. Wine-to-go: Not a beer drinker? Try my new obsession: wine-juice boxes by Vendage ($4.99). No more breakable glass or impossible corks to deal with.  Just wine in a juice box—like sipping apple juice when you were five, but better, so much better.

Aly Raphael - Walgreens - Parisa Soraya

Photo by Parisa Soraya

5. ICEE machines: Watch out 7-Eleven, Walgreens also has frozen ICEES. Choose your flavor: Coca-Cola, Cherry, Blue Raspberry, Mountain Dew, Raspberry Lemon, Orange Dream, Cherry Lime, or Piña Colada. Then enjoy it as is, or with a little something extra. Get a small for $1.29 or large for $1.59.

Aly Raphael - Walgreens - Parisa Soraya

Photo by Parisa Soraya

6. Coffee Station: Stop paying three dollars a day for coffee and brew a cup on your way to class at Walgreens instead. There’s even a Starbucks coffee machine ($1.59 a cup) if you don’t want to get stuck in the 10 am Starbucks line next door.

7. Energy Boosters: If this winter weather has you tired all the time (or maybe that’s just me?) Walgreens has an entire aisle of energy boosting products to help. Power bars for between classes, red bulls and 5 hr. energy shots for before going out, even dissolvable energy sheets (whatever those are), they have everything you need in one convenient section to help you power through this polar vortex.

Aly Raphael - Walgreens - Parisa Soraya

Photo by Parisa Soraya

discount nike free run shoes
8. Lunchables: Because when was the last time you actually ate a lunchable? And because at $2.99 a box, these throwback snacks are great even well past the age of lunchboxes.