Coming to college as a vegetarian isn’t easy. We are frequently taunted for our dietary choices, and often forgotten by the restaurant world. However, at the University of Michigan, the case is just the opposite. Ann Arbor houses a wide-range of restaurants, many of which offer vegetarian options. Below is a list of Ann Arbor’s top ten vegetarian hot spots. Don’t fret, vegatarians, because Ann Arbor is bound to become your favorite place to be.

10. Jerusalem Garden

Vegetarian

Photo By Kelly Ho

This restaurant is the perfect spot for hummus-lovers, and an even better spot for a Sunday night dinner with friends. Make sure to try their vegetarian sandwiches and their to-die-for lentil soup.

9. Whole Foods is tasty just about anywhere, but is particularly tasty in Ann Arbor. Both locations offer vegetarian salads, sushi, veggie burgers and more.

8. The Food Co-op & Café Verde in Kerrytown is a market and a café, both offering a charming dining atmosphere and delicious vegetarian options.

7. Sava’s

Vegetarian

Photo By Kelly Ho

This breakfast, lunch and dinner spot serves the best tofu greek salad, white bean dip, and of course omelets. It is one of the best hangover cures on campus.

6. Melange lands on the pricier side of the spectrum, but its tofu lettuce wraps are out of this world. They also serve vegetarian sushi options, as well as vegetarian Asian noodle dishes.

5. Lena fans rave about its guacamole and cauliflower salad. Furthermore, both vegetarians and non-vegetarians deeply enjoy the roasted vegetable spaghetti squash.

4.DSC_5427

Vegetarian

Photo By Kelly Ho

A market and cafe owned by Sava’s, offers a similar vibe to that restaurant. While it is a market, Babo’s offers a wide-range of cooked foods, as well as indoor and outdoor seating (weather permitting). It serves great quinoa salads, grilled veggies and more!

3. Zingerman’s is best known for its sandwiches, however, it offers a surplus of amazing vegetarian sides to hungry customers. Order a vegetarian sandwich with chickpea salad or soup and you’re set.

2. Revive

Vegetarian

Photo By Kelly Ho

Known for some of the best fresh salads in Ann Arbor, with endless supplemental vegetarian options. These options include but are not limited to: tofu, corn salad, roasted butternut squash, quinoa salad and roasted brussels sprouts.

1. Plum Market

Vegetarian

Photo By Kelly Ho

nike air max 95
Vegetarian

Photo By Kelly Ho

Vegetarian

Photo By Kelly Ho

Vegetarian

Photo By Kelly Ho

The definite vegetarian gem of Ann Arbor. Its options include California kale salad, tofu, gigante bean salad, barley and chickpea salad—the list is endless. At Plum Market, you can’t go wrong; it is a vegetarian dream house.

Want to see more about some of these great restaurants? Check out these articles below.

Jerusalem Garden: Middle Eastern That Doesn’t Break The Bank

Lena: Latin American-Style Brunch 

Does Sava’s Live Up to Expectations?