Navigating the Hopkins dining scene can be difficult enough as is, but when it comes to finding vegan options, the struggle is unreal.

GIF courtesy of Gifrific

Good thing we’ve explored all of the on-campus dining options and compiled the ultimate field guide for vegan munching. Now go forth with full and satisfied stomaches, you fantastical herbivorous unicorns!

1. Fresh Food Cafe (FFC)

Vegan

Photo by Liz Stillman

From the dopest veggie burgers on campus, to an entire section dedicated to hot vegan entrees, to an extensive salad bar, and vegan substitutes for pretty much every dairy/meat craving you may have (including rice dream ice cream, seitan stir fry, and tofutti cream cheese) – FFC takes the (dairy and egg free) cake for the #1 vegan friendly dining hall on campus.

* THE HOLY FRICKEN GRAIL *

Vegan

Photo by Liz Stillman

2. Alkimia (Gilman)

Vegan

Photo by Emily Hu

Alkimia offers the highest quality to-go vegan options on campus ranging from tofu salad to this scrumptious butternut squash, pumpkin seed, and quinoa salad pictured above. Historically, Gilman’s cafe has been absurdly overpriced, but this year they’ve significantly lowered their prices, making Alkimia a perfectly viable vegan lunch option.

3. The Daily Grind 

Vegan

Photo by Liz Stillman

The Daily Grind may be number three on this list, but it is by far and away number one in my heart. The go-to vegan Daily Grind : *double toasted* everything bagel with hummus and soy latte. You can also try their chipotle black bean burger, but make sure NOT to get the cheese or mayo (it contains dairy and eggs). I like to substitute mine with Sriracha and ketchup.

4. Levering 

Vegan

Photo by Emily Hu

If you can handle the long lines, then Levering offers a great selection of vegan entrees including freshly grilled veggie burgers and baked five-spice tofu bowls, as pictured. Levering also earns #1 for best salad bar on campus in terms of variety of toppings, price, and availability of alternative proteins (such as tofu and beans).

5. Bamboo 

Vegan

Photo by Emily Hu

Bamboo has come a long way since its opening last year. If you’re looking for the best vegan Asian food on campus, then try out their tofu rice bowl with cabbage and teriyaki sauce. Also, be sure to hit up their Sushi Happy Hour from 2-5pm daily to grab some yummy vegetable sushi for only $3.50.

6. Crepe Studio (Charmar) 

Vegan

Photo by Emily Hu

Aside from the wide selection of vegan groceries, Charmar also offers the hidden gem of vegan food on campus – the gluten free vegan crepe. Stuffed with Indian spiced chickpeas, potatoes, spinach, roasted red peppers, and porcini mushroom glaze, this crepe is sure to cure all of your hungover brunch needs.

7. Nolan’s 

Vegan

Photo by Valeria Schimel

Nolan’s is last on our list because of its very limited vegan offerings. Apart from the salad bar, you can explore the vegan chorizo at the Taqueria or the meatless chicken patties from the sandwich station. But a MUST is the Chloe’s soft serve fruit for dessert. Made only of frozen bananas and other fruits, Chloe’s ice cream is the best vegan ice cream you can find on campus.