No matter how many times you eat it, Chipotle never seems to get old. Simply ordering from the menu yields hundreds of options for customizing your burrito, bowl, salad or tacos, but why stop there when you can order off the menu? Technically, Chipotle doesn’t have a “secret menu,” but employees are encouraged to make what customers ask; just be considerate and patient with your server and don’t go too crazy during peak times.

Chipotle

Photo by Heather Harris

We’ve scoured the Internet and talked to a Chipotle employee to bring you this comprehensive list of ways to take your next Chipotle experience to the next level.

Extra Fillings

Despite the questions “black or pinto?” and “mild, medium or hot?”, you’re not limited to one type of bean or salsa. You can also choose up to two proteins for no extra cost, but you’ll pay for the more expensive protein.

Load up on Veggies

Chipotle

Photo by Becky Hughes

There’s no extra cost for fajita veggies when you order a protein, so you might as well add them to increase the nutrients in your meal.

Fresh Cilantro

A little-known Chipotle fact: you can get fresh cilantro and freshly chopped jalapeños added to any item, at no extra charge.

The Quesarito

A Quesarito is a burrito-quesadilla hybrid: first, the tortilla is loaded with cheese, folded and pressed in the tortilla warmer. Then, they open up the quesadilla and pile it with your choice of fillings. The whole thing is rolled up like a burrito. If your Chipotle server isn’t aware of the Quesarito, just tell them to use a quesadilla as the shell for your burrito.

The Burritodilla

The Burritodilla is a smaller version of the Quesarito that looks more like a quesadilla and contains fewer fillings than a burrito. The burrito fillings and cheese are layered on a tortilla then warmed to perfection.  If your server doesn’t know about the Burritodilla, ask them to make a quesadilla but add about half the usual amount of burrito fillings.

Protein-Guac Trade Off

If you don’t order a protein, you can get guacamole added to your order at no extra charge.

Free Tortilla or Shells

We know you’re trying to be healthier with that burrito bowl, but did you know that you can get a free tortilla or taco shells on the side? Eat them separately or use them to prepare your own burrito or tacos.

Vinaigrette Dressing

The chipotle- honey vinaigrette dressing isn’t exactly a secret, but it’s not very well known and word on the street is that it’s unreal. Try it on a salad next time you order.

Chipotle

Photo by Becky Hughes

Farmed & Dangerous

Didn’t think you could love Chipotle more than you actually do? Check out their new miniseries Farmed & Dangerous, exclusively on Hulu, and learn all about the “outrageously twisted and utterly unsustainable world of industrial agriculture” and how Chipotle is promoting food with integrity.