Let me start by saying that I am in no way, shape, or form the perfect little Pinterest chef. I have a brain, and I recognize beforehand that if I try to make that cute little Cookie Monster fudge, it’s going to be an absolute monstrosity — so I don’t even waste my time.

But sometimes, it goes further than that. Not all Pinterest recipes are created to set you up for disaster (#2, #3, and #4 are totally possible, guys). People honestly just lack common sense. Shocking, isn’t it?

Check out these 6 cringe-worthy Pinterest fails. We’re sorry in advance.

1. Chick Dinner Rolls

The Intention:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

The Painful Outcome:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but bread rises as it bakes and always will (no matter how cute the recipe is). So…yeah. That’s about all I have on this one.

2. Chocolate-Covered Pretzel Pumpkins

The Intention:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

The Painful Outcome:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterestfail.com

This is an abomination. Apparently dipping pretzels in chocolate is really, really difficult.

3. Chocolate Chip Cookie Bowls

The Intention:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

The Painful Outcome:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

Cookies expand as they bake, if you weren’t already aware. If they just used less cookie dough, this disaster could have been entirely avoided. Sigh.

4. Christmas Spiral Sugar Cookies

The Intention:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

The Painful Outcome:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterestfail.com

These cookies are the equivalent of telling a small child that Santa Claus doesn’t exist.

5. Halloween Finger Cookies

The Intention:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

The Painful Outcome:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterestfail.com

This is a travesty. I’m not sure what’s worse — the fact these cookies turned out so awful, or the fact that there’s an actual recipe for cookies that look like fingers. May I remind everyone, once again, that cookies expand as they bake?

6. Deviled Egg Chicks

The Intention:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterest.com

The Painful Outcome:

Pinterest

Photo courtesy of pinterestfail.com

Thematically, there seems to be a problem with people trying to make their food resemble baby chicks. For the love of all that’s good in the world, stop.

In the wise words of Kim Kardashian:

Pinterest