Something that almost no American believed would happen has. On Tuesday November 8th, 2016, Mr. Trump was elected to be the 45th president of the United States. If I'm being quite honest, I am beyond disappointed. Not because my candidate lost, but because my friends and my fellow Americans woke up Wednesday morning scared to live in this country, and that is truly heartbreaking.

Like many Americans protesting his win across the country, I am sad, I am angry, and I am confused. The next few months as the transfer of power occurs will be a roller-coaster, but as Hillary Clinton so graciously said in her concession, “We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead.” 

President Obama echoes these sentiments, reminding our country that we need “a sense of unity, a sense of inclusion, a respect for our institutions, our way of life, rule of law, and a respect for each other. I hope that he maintains that spirit throughout this transition.” This election has exposed  deep divides within our nation, and now more than ever we need to come together.

We can do so in one of the best ways America knows how, something we can all bond over: food. Following a dehumanizing campaign, one way to get to know our president elect is through his favorite foods, and to find out what the White House menu will probably look like for the next few years. 

Breakfast

pork, meat, barbecue, bacon, beef, sauce, sausage, chicken

In the words of the great Ron Swanson, "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait…wait. I worry what you just heard was: Give me a lot of bacon and eggs. What I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have. " The White House staff better stock up, because Mr. Trump likes to start his morning off with this familiar breakfast dish, with the bacon cooked medium and his eggs over-well. Might as well double up on the bacon, because it's VP Mike Pence's favorite food too.

Lunch

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past year, you have probably seen Mr. Trump's ill-worded, controversial Cinco de Mayo post. While he enjoys eating dinner at home with his family, he always has lunch at his desk. We can only assume that the best taco bowls will now be made at the White House kitchen, and delivered to the Oval Office everyday around noon. 

Dinner

It's no surprise that the extravagant living Mr. Trump loves a good steak, but what is shocking is that he likes them really well-done. Steak dinners are another meal loved by Ron Swanson, yet you won't see Mr. Trump downing a glass of scotch with his rib-eye. He never drinks tea, coffee, or alcohol. 

Dessert

A scoop of cherry vanilla for Mr. Trump, and a scoop of moose tracks for Mr. Pence, because at the end of the day, everyone loves ice cream.

Take Out of Choice

DC area McDonald's are about to get a lot of business. Mr. Trump has openly expressed his love for the fast food chain on several occasions. While he loves his hamburgers, the Filet-O-Fish sandwich is his favorite.

For Special Occasions 

Mr. Trump loves meatloaf so much that Martha Stewart hosted him and Melania on her show to teach them to make a killer sandwich. His sister Maryanne even makes him a meatloaf every year for his birthday.

Midnight Snack

Mr. Trump said in an interview that he loves See's Candies, and I don't blame him. The San Francisco-based company has been making delicious American sweets since 1921. Whether you visit one of their adorable shops, or custom order online, these candies are sure to please. There's no better midnight snack after a long day in the oval office than a big ole box of chocolates. 

As Hillary Clinton said,  "I still believe in America and I always will. And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Donald Trump is going to be our president."

If you're scared, that's okay. If you're angry, that's okay. If you're happy, hey, that's okay too. We truly are stronger together, and we will take on the next couple of months united under the shared bond of comfort food. While the future is unpredictable, we have the opportunity to make a change. "This loss hurts, but please never stop believing that fighting for what's right is worth it."