As the first month of 2017 comes to a close, the motivation and energy to satisfy those healthy New Year's resolutions becomes thin. To help my fellow Boilermakers continue to make smart choices, I've compiled a list of places that offer healthy food at Purdue that won't throw your efforts down the drain. 

1. Freshii

Freshii made its gracious arrival during the fall of last year, and boy am I glad they're here. They serve salads, soups, and bowls filled with nutritious and wholesome ingredients that are guaranteed to keep you filled. Healthy food at Purdue is possible. 

#SpoonTip: Try the Pangoa bowlit's a brown rice bowl topped with avocado, cheddar, cherry tomatoes, black beans, corn, lime, cilantro, and a spicy barbecue sauce. It won't disappoint.

2. Chipotle

Who said you can only eat Chipotle on a cheat day? You can turn it into a salad to make a healthier, protein-filled bowl. Chipotle's ingredients are promised to be very fresh, but be sure to try your hardest to look past the sour cream and cheese (I promise you can do it). 

#SpoonTip: Use Chipotle's Nutrition Calculator if you want to find out how caloric your bowl might be.

3. Fresh City Market

This snazzy market opened up in August of 2014, and is honestly pretty impressive. Fresh City Market prepares great ready-to-eat meals that fit a variety of dietary preferences, so it's easy to find something you'll like. Their salad bar is never a disappointment, and their freshly squeezed juices are quite the daily pick-me-up.

#SpoonTip: If you're completely broke, then try juicing at home.

4. Boiler Bistro

Boiler Bistro is located in Marriott. The cool deal about this place is that it's pretty much a training ground for some second-year students in the HTM major. Most of their menu items (if not all?) don't use processed sugar or highly fatty ingredients, so you're bound to be satisfied while staying on campus.

#SpoonTip: Prosciutto, pear, and bleu cheese flat bread, anyone?

5. Jimmy John's

To be completely honest, I have a low-key obsession with the "Un-wich" option at Jimmy John's. The bread is replaced with a lettuce wrap, which usually makes my "un-wiched" sandwich huge. If you have separation anxiety with bread, don't worry, for Spoon is here with the answers. 

6. Panera Bread

Panera is a great place to eat and study, and it's only a short walk down the hill from campus to get there. Even though a lot of their items seem super caloric, it's possible to eat healthy at this casual restaurant. There are even options for those of you who eat gluten-free, so don't sweat. 

7. Green Leaf's Beyond Great Salads

To be honest, I didn't know this place had a name for three years until I finally looked up while I was ordering a salad the other day. It's the salad bar right behind Villa in the PMU. Ask for a light drizzle or dressing on the side, and you're set for a perfectly delicious meal.

Don't get burnt out from being healthy, because being healthy doesn't have to be tasteless and terrible. Healthy cooking isn't a difficult feat, and neither is being mindful of the food you put into your precious body. Don't be discouraged in your journey to a healthful 2017.