People say baseball is America's pastime. I agree, but would argue that food is a large part of the nostalgia that surrounds the sport. What's a ballgame without a hot dog or an ice cream in one of those tiny helmet bowls? Here's what it looks like if we combine baseball's best teams with food:

Boston Red Sox: Cannoli

A photo posted by nyceeeeeats (@nyceeeeeats) on

Nothing beats a cannoli from Boston's North End (except maybe a cannoli from Italy itself). The debate over Mike's vs. Modern is almost as intense as the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry. This pistachio-filled cannoli gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "Green Monstah."

Chicago Cubs: Hot Dog

sandwich, lettuce, hot dog
Sara Mickow

Chicago style, of course. My beloved Cubs are well known not only for not having won a World Series since 1908 (let's not talk about it, okay?), but they've recently turned things around and hold the best record in the league.

The humble hot dog has also endured a bad rep over the years, but has recently become trendy again with toppings like mac and cheese, foie gras, and other gourmet foods.

Cleveland Indians: Corn

Native Americans first planted corn in Ohio hundreds of years ago, and it's gone on to become the state's second most valuable crop. Ohioans love corn so much, they even made a corn maze honoring the Cavs' NBA championship this past summer. Will the Indians be getting their own corn maze later this month? Stay tuned.

LA Dodgers: In-N-Out

cheese, sauce
Catherine Willey

The Dodgers have a coolness to them like no other California team, and no other MLB team has the celebrity following like the Dodgers do. Likewise, In-N-Out also has its own cult following. Many have tried to replicate the style and taste of this West Coast chain, but none have succeeded (except maybe Shake Shack).

San Francisco Giants: Caviar

You probably weren't expecting this, but hear me out. The Giants are actually the winningest team in the history of baseball (this includes their time spent in NYC). That pretty much makes them royalty in the world of sports. Caviar is one of the world's most expensive foods, costing as much as $1000 an ounce. The only people I know who could afford that are Kim and Kanye or Will and Kate, aka royalty.

Texas Rangers: Brisket

Everyone knows that brisket is the king of Texas barbecue. It's so good that it's even been involved in the classic mayoral playoff wager. In 1998, when the Rangers played the Yankees, Arlington Mayor Elzie Odom bet NYC Mayor Rudy Giuliani a "Texas-sized" portion of brisket and a 10-gallon cowboy hat (just in case you forgot this was Texas).

Toronto Blue Jays: Champagne

wine, alcohol, champagne, liquor, beer
Caroline Early

Toronto's most famous fan is Drake, who is known for his love of bubbly (see Insta handle: @champagnepapi). Everyone in the 6 was no doubt popping bottles after the Blue Jays' dramatic wild card win, which will definitely have Baltimore looking for revenge (see what I did there?).

Washington Nationals: Apple Pie

pastry, bread, sweet, pie, dairy product, apple pie
Erica Wang

It really doesn't get any more patriotic than a bunch of presidents running around the bases during the 7th inning stretch. The most American of teams would of course be the most American of foods, apple pie. I think both Bryce Harper and George Washington would approve.

So there you have it folks. If your hometown team didn't make it to the playoffs this year, feel free to pick a team to cheer for solely based on what food they are. If your team is on here, on behalf of Chicago and the Cubs, see you in the World Series.