Beer makes you bloat. Liquor just tastes plain awful and is hard to get down. Wine is the perfect medium — it’s yummy, refreshing, and gives you an ideal buzz (if that’s what you’re aiming for).

We are strong believers that the type of wine you choose to drink says a lot about who you are. Below, we’ve listed who you are based on your favorite type of wine. Don’t be offended, we’re just psychoanalyzing your every sip.

Rosé: The Hot Mess

favorite wine

Photo by Devon Carlson

If you go for a wine with any sort of pink hue to it, odds are that you don’t drink to enjoy, you drink to get drunk. You don’t even need a glass because drinking out of the bottle will do just fine. White Girl Rosé is a perfect example of a wine to drink if you’re looking for a classy way to get trashy. In case you didn’t have a reason already, here are 25 reasons to down that bottle.

favorite wine

Chardonnay: The Minimalist

favorite wine

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Simplicity is your style. You keep things uncomplicated and aren’t trying to impress anyone — being yourself is just enough. An evening on your couch with a fuzzy blanket and a Nicholas Sparks DVD is all you need for a perfect night. An excellent choice for your night in for under $15 is Echelon Chardonnay, as it’s a great mix that’s fruity and bold. Also, check out these foodie flicks to pair your with your wine.

favorite wine

Pinot Grigio: The Newbie

favorite wine

Photo by Steven Baboun

Odds are, this was the first wine you ever drank, and the only one you ever will. You and Pinot Grigio are in a committed relationship, and it’s serious. It’s crisp, light, and refreshing, so why drink anything else? The Grig will never fail you. One of our faves is Twisted Pinot Grigio. Not only is the vino delicious, but the logo is pretty sweet.

favorite wine

Pinot Noir: The Olivia Pope

favorite wine

Photo courtesy of pixabay.com

Congratulations, you are probably the classiest person in your friend group. You for sure have real wine glasses in your apartment and you eat lobster and caviar on the reg. Almost everyone you know is intimidated by you and that’s the way you prefer it.

Pair a bottle of Redwood Creek Pinot Noir with some fancy cheeses to feel extra posh while getting a nice buzz. Want to throw a wine and cheese party but have no idea where to start? Check out this article for some Wine and Cheese 101.

favorite wine

DGAF: The Majority

favorite wine

If you are in college, there is a very high chance that you do not care about what you consume. Whether it’s slapping the bag with a 150 oz. boxed Pinot Grigio, drinking Chardonnay in your bed out of a Solo cup while sobbing to The Fault in our Stars, or chugging straight out of a bottle of Rosé — as long as you have your wine, you’re a happy camper.

Not sick of wine yet? There are plenty of boozy recipes with this important ingredient. Have your wine and eat it too with these Red Wine Chocolate Cupcakes or Simple White Wine Lemon Butter Pasta Sauce.