It’s not Frank’s RedHot, it’s not Cholula, it’s not Tabasco, and it’s not Sriracha. It is, however, your new favorite hot sauce condiment that I swear to you will be covering your breakfast, lunch and dinner as soon as you can get your hands on it. Bandar Foods is putting the Indian version of Sriracha on the food world map soon and you do not want to miss it.

This American twist on classic Indian flavors is taking the condiment world by storm and redefining what it means to make authentic Indian cuisine right at home, whether it be inside your tiny college apartment or even in the dining hall. Bandar Foods is up and coming, it is artfully authentic, and it is unlike any other Indian food company on the market.

Bandar Foods

Photo courtesy of @BandarFoods on Instagram

Based out of San Francisco and Philly, co-creators Dan Garblik and Lalit Kalani were inspired to create Bandar Foods after a very memorable, life-changing experience.

When dining at a local Indian restaurant, Dan asked the waiter for hot sauce. The waiter’s confused look said it all as he quickly searched the restaurant and came out with a small bottle of Tabasco. At that moment, Dan realized something shocking: there was no such thing as Indian hot sauce. After double checking this concerning truth with his Indian friend Lalit, Bandar Foods was created.

Bandar Foods

Rather than going to the grocery store and buying your typical hot sauce, most Indian cuisines call for thick and chunky chutneys (such as mint-coriander) in order to add spice to their dishes. Although these are delicious, none of the products available were similar to a typical hot sauce.

Dan and Lalit knew they had struck gold with their realization and took this gap in the grocery store shelves and ran with it. They have coined their brand as the “Oprah-iPad-Lebron of the condiment world” and attribute their success thus far to their optimism, drive, and passion for food. “We’re terrified, we’re pumped. Let’s do this.”

Bandar Foods

Dan and Lalit are your typical guys next door. They are normal yet hilarious, relatable yet unique. Like many of our Spoon U readers, Dan and Lalit are taking the food industry by the horns and carving their own careers into an industry that is especially difficult to break into. Check out their social media to learn more about this new and exciting brand, and don’t forget to try it in one of these recipes.