There's no worse feeling than seeing that top layer of guacamole turn a shade of green/brown you don't want to touch, let alone eat. I don't know about you, but I've had plenty of conversations with my friends talking about this dreaded browning, labeling it "the absolute worst." Just think about how much simpler life would be if guacamole would stay fresh for more than a few minutes, and maybe even the length of the whole freaking Super Bowl.

Well, friends, I have some pretty big news for you. I've used this contraption a few times now (my mom got it as a gift several months ago) and I can honestly say that it has changed my life. I give you: The Guac-Lock. 

How it Works

Guacamole's biggest enemy is air. So, as it sits in your fridge (even with plastic wrap over it) or out on the table while everyone is hanging out, the air makes the guacamole turn brown. The Guac-Lock is designed to push all of the air out of the container, and as a result, keep all of the freshness in. No brown, no problemo.

I can now make guacamole in advance without leaving the huge, bulky pit in the bowl (which by the way, does not actually work.) I also don't feel like I need to scarf down whatever leftovers there are in fear of precious guac going to waste. This is because the Guac-Lock keeps guac fresh for days.

Yes, you just read that correctly: days. I'm not just talking one day here people, I'm talking multiple days. It's life-changing.

You can also get a super sleek chip plate to go with it, so you can serve your guac (or any other dip of your choosing for that matter) in style. 

You can find the Guac-Lock on Amazon, Bed Bath and Beyond and on the Casabella website for under $20. It will save you time, money, and let you eat fresh guac for days. Seriously, trust me—it's worth every penny.