Ah, summertime. For many New Yorkers and even some people from across the country, that means one thing: The Hamptons. Everyone’s Hamptons experience is different, however.

Your ideal trip out East may include upscale yacht parties and night-clubbing while only dining at the most sceney Hamptons branches of your favorite Manhattan hotspots. Or, it can be lounging on the beach in a small motel enjoying barbecue and picking up ice cream with friends before heading to a bonfire. Whatever your weekend entails, this list has got you covered.

1. Crispy Rice from Sen Sag Harbor

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @fatpplproblems on Instagram

Sen gives Nobu a run for its money by stacking avocado on top of the perfectly fried piece of rice and gooey tuna. The spicy mayo drizzle adds a perfect layer of creaminess. Not to mention, it is freakin’ adorable. If Sag is too much of a shlep for you this weekend, read this article to learn how to make your own crispy rice.

2. Chicken Satay from Red Stixs

Hamptons

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Chances are, if you go to the Hamptons, you love Mr. Chow and Phillipe. Enter Red Stixs, a sub-par version of the infamous Chinese cuisine from NYC that has gained a reputation as the place to see and be seen in the Hamptons. Maybe it’s the convenient location or maybe it’s the opportunity to spot a Real Housewife or two, but this chicken satay tastes even better than our favorite NYC dish. Drizzled in peanut sauce, the satay will definitely go fast so order a few for the table, accompanied by crispy seaweed of course.

3. Pastries from Sant Ambroeus

Hamptons

Another NYC branch, Saint Ambroeus is the perfect little stop for your morning coffee and pastry before you hit the shops. After all, more carbs are a good thing. Be prepared to drop 20 bucks on coffee and bread though.

3. Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie from Levain Bakery

Hamptons

We know here at Spoon that New York has great food. At this point you may be wondering if the Hamptons has restaurants of its own. The answer is yes, but in the meantime let’s take a trip to pick up our favorite chocolate chip cookie conveniently located right in East Hampton. What’s better than dripping chocolate on a hot summer day?

4. Tomato Mozzarella Avocado Panini from Sydney’s

Hamptons

Westhampton is notorious for its minimal offerings when it comes to food, but Sydney’s is changing that. Sit outside and enjoy this panini in town and head to their deli counter for a variety of salads and vegetables for when you just can’t eat any more barbecue.

5. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Ice Cream from SHOCK

Hamptons

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Ice cream is a Hamptons staple and Westhampton has a plethora of ice cream shops. While you can opt for your classic Haagen Daazs or Ben and Jerry’s (go here if you’re dairy free) I personally prefer to make the most out of my time out East and get ice cream from the cute little shop on the side street. Make sure to sample every flavor; you can’t go wrong. If you don’t top your sweet tooth with a sprinkled cone, you will definitely be missing out.

6. Burgers, sandwiches and fries from 75 Main

Hamptons

75 Main is one of the oldest restaurants around South and the perfect brunch spot for people watching. Be prepared to see some form of B-List star enjoying a mimosa way too early while sitting on Main Street. You can’t go wrong with any sandwich or burger, and they even have a new quinoa burger for those of us who want to look good for a pool party later on. If you’re craving a mimosa later on, make this mimosa smoothie.

7. Frozen Yogurt from Southampton Fudge Company

Hamptons

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Stop by the Fudge Company for an afternoon cool-down because it is summer after all. Don’t be fooled by frozen yogurt, however; it can be just as bad as ice cream.

8. Ice Cream Sandwich from Tate’s

Hamptons

Whaaaat? Tate’s has a bake shop? Yup, you heard it here first folks. Get your favorite Tate’s cookies with some melty and delicious ice cream sandwiched right between them. They even have gluten-free options. Or, you can make your own gluten free peanut butter cookies.

9. Any Brunch Dish at Babette’s

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @goldcoastfoodies on Instagram

Babette’s is another sceney spot that has some damn-good brunch. You can’t go wrong with any egg dishes or oatmeal. Learn how to make your own oatmeal here.

10. Bagel Sandwich from Goldberg’s Famous Bagels

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @we_ate_this on Instagram

That Phillipe hangover is not going to cure itself, and we all know that bagels are better than boys. Get some lox, avocado, eggs, but don’t forget to bring home a dozen for the fam.

11. Ice Cream with Cookie Dough from Scoop Du Jour

Hamptons

Photo by Lauren Goldstein

Another Hamptons Classic that isn’t the horse show, a Scoop Du Jour cone is never complete without cookie dough. Seriously though, it is better than the ice cream itself. If you are scared of salmonella you can make your own cookie dough.

12. Spicy Tuna Sandwiches (And Chicken Teriyaki Salad) from Suki Zuki

Hamptons

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

You may think at a little sushi restaurant, you will order sushi. I stand to correct you. After you wait for an absurd amount of time, order a plethora of the spicy tuna sandwiches and chicken teriyaki salads. The wait is so absurd you may as well take a Soul Cycle class next door while you’re there.

13. Wine and Cheese (or just wine) at Wolffer Estate Vineyard

Hamptons

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Wolffer is infamous for its “Summer in a Bottle,” but for a true experience take a visit to the vineyard. You can picnic on an event night or just sit at any table with your wine and cheese. If you want to learn about the best combos ahead of time, read this tutorial. Walk through the vineyards, take Instagrams and make sure to arrange your ride ahead of time.

14. More Ice Cream from Big Olaf’s

Hamptons

If you find yourself in Sag Harbor, don’t fret; you can still get ice cream. Again, the cookie dough is a must-have. But, if you’re trying to be healthy you can make your own one ingredient banana ice cream.

15. Eggs Benedict at Pierre’s

Hamptons

If you’re missing your favorite NYC brunch spots, Pierre’s has got you covered. I think the photo speaks for itself here. Fancy af.

16. Some food at Docker’s

Hamptons

Photo by Gabrielle Levitt

Honestly, all of the food is very sub-par. Order a bunch of appetizers and drinks so that you can enjoy the view. Picture family fun on a dock looking over the water. Read why eating with your fam is super-important. Go here for a genuine, non-sceney, down-to-earth Hamptons experience.

17. Lobster Rolls at Lunch-Lobster Roll

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @schmoeey on Instagram

Lobster rolls epitomize summer in the Hamptons, but don’t settle for McDonald’s. For the most genuine lobster roll experience you have to go to Lunch in Amagansett. It is well worth the trek out to Montauk.

18. Diner Food at Candy Kitchen 

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @dontexpectsalads on Instagram

No trip to the Hamptons is complete without a stop at Candy Kitchen. I didn’t bother naming a specific item because any classic is amazing here. Grilled cheese, chicken fingers, milkshakes… or you can stop by the ice cream and candy counter. Speaking of grilled cheese, check out this concoction. Whoah.

So, even if you don’t have a home out East you can make a trip out there for a weekend full of food, fun and friendship. And ice cream; don’t forget the ice cream.