I witnessed how passionate people are about food when me and some coworkers were discussing whether pineapple belongs on pizza. One of them went as far stating that, "a blood line is weak if they like pineapple on their pizza". Which, in my opinion, was a little over the top but well deserved. So, I went ahead and complied a list of the top food debates that could ruin a relationship, no matter how strong.

Crunchy vs. Smooth Peanut Butter

Izzi Clark

Okay this is a classic food battle. But for me it is an easy one. Smooth, hands down- no questions asked. And yes I may slightly judge you for choosing crunchy. Why would you want chunks of crunchiness in the middle of a delicious, creamy pb&j sandwich- no thank you.

Strawberry vs. Grape Jelly

jam, grape jelly, marmalade, berry, jelly, blueberry, gelatin
Kiana Lei Yap

After the last debate, you knew this one was coming. These two choices lead to the most fundamental sandwich of human existence. And I am team grape, strawberry is just too... well, strawberry-y. Gosh, this is making me miss elementary school. 

Edge or Center Piece of Brownies

sweet, cereal, coffee, chocolate
Haley Abram

I am going to honest here. If you give me an edge piece, I will not complain. It is a chocolatey brownie no matter the placement in the pan. But I will definitely just eat the soft, yummy middle part and not the crunchy, weird edge part. What? I am trying to be honest.

Coca-Cola vs. Pepsi

beer, coffee
Angelo Yeh

This is one particular food debate I don't really care all that much about. But I will have to go with Pepsi, you can blame my momma. She is addicted to the stuff- probably was coursing through my veins in the womb (okay, I am sorry- that was probably a little too much). 

Ranch vs. Ketchup (for fry dipping that is)

ketchup, vegetable
Arden Sarner

This is one I am super passionate about and my photo choice says it all. Not only do I think ketchup is the only proper condiment for your fries, but smiley French fries might be the best fry to be dipping into ketchup. Oh wait.. I forgot about curly fries.. oh, and sweet potato fries, well I think you see my point.

Pancakes vs. Waffles

goody, cream, chocolate, pastry, sprinkles, candy, sweet, cake
Jayna Goldstein

Okay guys, this one is really hard. Waffles are so versatile- going from breakfast in the morning smothered in syrup and then to a late night snack as a pizza waffle. On the other hand, pancakes come in so many flavors. Chocolate chip, Nutella, blueberry, red velvet, cinnamon roll- oh gosh I could go all day. I think I have to go with pancakes- sorry delicious early morning/late night waffles (don't take it personally).

Ice Cream vs. Fro-yo

milk, coffee, tea
Kathleen Lee

Apparently this is an actual food debate. I didn't even really know there was a difference. But after giving it some thought, I had to go with fro-yo.  I definitely eat ice cream more often. But, I feel like fro-yo is not only slightly healthier but also is so trendy.

And there are many, many more food debates to ruin any relationship you might have previously loved. Food above all. I recommend bringing these up on the first date- that way you know where they stand before you get invested. I have made my choices- but what about you? I now leave these relationship ruining decisions up to you, the great students of University of Montana.