Coffee. It makes the world go 'round. Not really, but let's be honest, it's pretty important to human survival. However, your coffee budget better be sky high if you're going to be able to afford coffee out every day, once, twice, or three times a day, depending on the intensity of your addiction. So, to make things a little more convenient and wallet-friendly for all the coffee drinkers of the world, we ranked the top coffee chains in the U.S. by price (from cheapest to most expensive). 

To keep it consistent, I decided to ranked the price of each of the chain's medium size lattes, excluding tax. Read on to find out if you're overpaying at your favorite spot. 

5. McCafe

McDonalds' coffee brand is, unsurprisingly, leading the pack in terms of affordability. A medium McCafe latte is just $2.89 and, while you might've come to McD's for the nuggets, you're wallet is lovin' their brew. 

4. The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf

A medium latte is $3.69 at The Coffee Bean, which is on the lower end of the spectrum in comparison to its more costly competitors. This chain is definitely less popular than some of the others mentioned here, but hey, the coffee is tasty. 

3. Dunkin' Donuts

Right smack in the middle is Dunkin' Donuts, wildly popular among people of all ages. A medium latte here is $4.18, which isn't bad considering their espresso drinks are damn good. After all, America runs on Dunkin'. 

2. Peet's Coffee

Peet's is definitely lesser known, but still pretty high up there in terms of quality. So, it makes sense that they are also pretty high up on the list in terms of priciness. A medium Peet's latte is $4.65, significantly more costly than Dunkin' Donuts. But hey, there's one on campus and is part of the meal plan, so we'll take what we can get.  

1. Starbucks

Are we surprised, though? Starbucks rounds the list out of top coffee chains by price at #1. They kind of get away with it, with their delicious frappuccinos and fancy holiday cups, but it'll cost ya. A medium latte is $4.78 at Starbucks, so put a gift card on your Christmas list. 

So there you have it, coffee lovers. Wherever your go-to chain is, start saving up or harass your family for gift cards– the top coffee chains can get pricey, but they're totally worth it. Happy sipping.