Growing up, rice crispy treats were one of my favorite desserts, so I was thrilled to discover “Bliss and Baker” – a mother-daughter company that specializes in rice crispy treats. Putting a creative twist on the traditional dessert, each treat from Bliss and Baker is handcrafted just for you, whether you like peanut butter, cinnamon or plain old vanilla. 

The positive reactions from their customers motivate the mother-daughter duo to continue in their work: “It is truly rewarding to have a product that brings sweet joy into someone’s day,” they said.

With an affinity for baking, mother-daughter pair Natalie and Laura Potter began experimenting in the kitchen one day and added caramel to a batch of rice crispy treats, fueling the idea for “Bliss and Baker.” Since then, the company has expanded its offerings to include a multitude of delicious flavors including Churro, Sugar Cookie, Salted Caramel, Vanilla Bean, Peanut Butter and Coconut Caramel. Are you gluten free? Don’t worry because Bliss and Baker sells Salted Caramel, Vanilla Bean, Coconut Caramel and Peanut Butter flavors, which are made gluten-free. 

In addition to their signature flavors, Bliss and Baker can customize your order for your brand or client and even does catering for parties and special events.

Although they are located in San Diego, you can order your crispy treats online in packs of four making for the perfect birthday gift for friends. With the click of a button, you can create your own "Gift Box" or "Birthday Box," each containing four crispies and a personalized card. Once shipped, crispies last for around 10 days but good luck keeping them around that long!

My personal favorite flavor is the peanut butter flavor, which contains swirls of peanut butter throughout the treat. I also recommend the colorful sugar cookie crispy, which contains rainbow sprinkles!

With the goal of “bringing joy into people’s day,” Natalie and Laura serve as positive role models to women entrepreneurs. They advise other women to “be confident in your product or business idea and just start! You will figure things out as you go along. Seriously, go for it. You CAN do it!”

Stay tuned for future flavors – Bliss and Baker periodically releases special edition crispies such as last month’s s’more rice crispy. Or if you like to bake your own, check out this recipe for smores' rice crispy treats. 

Whether you're a fan of peanut butter fan, salted caramel or vanilla bean, these rice crispy treats make for the perfect care package, delivering a bit of childhood nostalgia with a sweet twist.