If you feel like there's a Starbucks on every corner these days, it's not just your imagination; there are 300+ locations in the NYC area alone. Whether your order is ultra healthy or the cheapest thing on the menu, chances are that you've been to a Starbz before. And with the number of Starbucks on the rise, it's become easier than ever to get your frappuccino or a plain cup of joe.

The number of Starbucks varies by state, with some states clocking in at over 2,000 locations (@California, talking about you). Starbucks, you're taking over the world, and I love a good PSL too much to complain about it. 

Alabama

Ellie Conley

Population: 4.884 Million

Sorry, Alabama; that's only one Starbucks for every 57,459 residents. I guess you're more focused on how many Denny Dogs you can eat in one sitting.

Alaska

Ellie Conley

Population: 741,204

Well done, Alaska! That's approximately one Starbucks for every 15,127 residents. We might even be able to look past the fact that your signature cocktail is called a Duck Fart.

Arizona

Ellie Conley

Population: 7.027 Million

Epic hiking trails isn't the only thing that Arizona is known for. The state kills it again with one Starbucks for every 14,400 residents. No line-ups here.

Arkansas

Ellie Conley

Population: 3.001 Million

Arkansas may have Bill Clinton and some epic Southern food, but tragically, there's only one Starbucks for every 54,564 people. Sorry, Arkansas; better luck next time. 

California

Ellie Conley

Population: 39.850 Million

That's one Starbucks for every 14,126 people in California, and the largest number of Starbucks locations in a state. Pair it with some Insta-worthy California doughnuts, and you're #winning.

Colorado

Ellie Conley

Population: 5.659 Million

Getting a shout out in "Closer" by The Chainsmokers isn't the only thing that Colorado has going for it; there's one Starbucks for every 11,765 residents in the state.

Connecticut

Ellie Conley

Population: 3.583 Million

That's one Starbucks for every 29,130 people, which isn't bad, but isn't knocking my socks off either. I'm more impressed by the fact that Subway originated in Connecticut — all hail the five dollar footlong.

Delaware

Ellie Conley

Population: 965,866

Delaware only has one Starbucks for every 38,635 residents, which is pretty sad until you consider that Delaware also has some epic coffee shops like Brew Haha and Central Perk.

District of Columbia

Ellie Conley

Population: 697,012

DC steals the show with one Starbucks for every 7,659 people living in the state. If this isn't proof that coffee could take over the world (starting with the White House), then idk what is.

Florida

Ellie Conley

Population: 21.003 Million

Florida may be known for a good key lime pie recipe, but they have a passable number of Starbucks as well, with one Starbucks for every 30,264 people.

Georgia

Ellie Conley

Population: 10.450 Million

That's one Starbucks for every 32,055 Georgia residents, which is a bit like getting a C+ on a test: pretty average. Sorry, Georgia. At least you got those peaches going for you.

Hawaii

Ellie Conley

Population: 1.454 Million

It may be known for its bomb açaí bowls, but with one Starbucks for every 12,687 citizens, Hawaii has some serious coffee game as well.

Idaho

Ellie Conley

Population: 1.695 Million

That's one Starbucks for every 25,298 residents in Idaho. Who knew that a state of potato lovers could be invested in Starbz as well? (But seriously, check out this article on where to find the best potato dishes in Idaho.)

Illinois

Ellie Conley

Population: 12.816 Million

That's one Starbucks for every 22,289 people. Illinois may be known for creating the Twinkie, but it's clear that the residents appreciate a good cup of joe, too.

Indiana

Ellie Conley

Population: 6.663 Million

Even though the state is busy with race car driving (shout out to the Indy 500), Indiana still finds time for coffee; there's approximately one Starbucks for every 30,149 residents.

Iowa

Ellie Conley

Population: 3.153 Million

There's one Starbucks for every 35,427 people, which, I'll be honest, is a little on the unimpressive side. But you know what is impressive? The fact that an Iowan invented sliced bread.

Kansas

Ellie Conley

Population: 2.930 Million

Kansas may be known for inventing Pizza Hut, but with one Starbucks for every 31,170 residents in Kansas, there are definitely a few coffee lovers as well.

Kentucky

Ellie Conley

Population: 4.450 Million

That's approximately one Starbucks for every 38,362 people. Kentucky residents are clearly more concerned with their bourbon than their peppermint mochas.

Louisiana

Ellie Conley

Population: 4.714 Million

That's only one Starbucks for every 56,119 Louisiana residents. So basically, Louisiana is that friend that's too busy partying it up at Mardi Gras to worry about coffee.

Maine

Ellie Conley

Population: 1.327 Million

Ouch, Maine! That's only one Starbucks for every 44,233 people living in the state. Tbh, Mainers are saving all their money to buy that famous Maine lobster, so they don't want to splurge on that $5 Starbucks drink.

Maryland

Ellie Conley

Population: 6.069 Million

That's one Starbucks for every 23,615 Maryland residents. Not bad, Maryland, especially since you're more focused on finding the best crab.

Massachusetts

Ellie Conley

Population: 6.873 Million

Dr. Seuss, one of Mass's most notable residents, really should have written a book about PSLs. Because with one Starbucks locations for every 25,175 people, it's clear that Massachusetts residents love the occasional Starbucks drink.

Michigan

Ellie Conley

Population: 9.935 Million

Madonna, who was born in Michigan, prefers a pomegranate martini to coffee, and it looks like other Michigan residents would agree. There's only one Starbucks for every 35,106 Michigan residents.

Minnesota

Ellie Conley

Population: 5.555 Million

That's 1 Starbucks for every 30,190 people, so expect medium-sized queues. If they get too long, you can always bail and get corndogs instead, which were invented in Minnesota. Yeah, that's an acceptable substitution.

Mississippi

Ellie Conley

Population: 2.990 Million

Yikes, Mississippi. That's only one Starbucks for every 93,438 residents. Your lines to get coffee are just like your name: ridiculously long.

Missouri

Ellie Conley

Population: 6.123 Million

Missouri-born T.S. Eliot once stated, "I have measured out my life with coffee spoons." But idk where he was getting those spoons from because there's only one Starbucks for every 32,569 Missouri residents.

Montana

Ellie Conley

Population: 1.052 Million

Even though Hannah Montana gets her drinks from Rico's Surf Shop (anyone else remember this?), Montana still has a respectable one Starbucks for every 29,222 Montana residents.

Nebraska

Ellie Conley

Population: 1.923 Million

There's one Starbucks for every 33,155 people. Pretty average, Nebraska. Pretty average.

Nevada

Ellie Conley

Population: 2.996 Million

That's approximately one Starbucks for every 11,841 Nevada residents. Just like Nevada has some of the hardest drinkers, it also has some of the most Starbucks per person.

New Hampshire

Ellie Conley

Population: 1.336 Million

That's only one Starbucks for every 46,069 people. Sorry, New Hamphire; you may #LiveFreeorDie but you ain't about that #LiveFreeandDrinkChai.

New Jersey

Ellie Conley

Population: 8.996 Million

There's one Starbucks for every 34,467 people in New Jersey, but honestly, with other cafés offering insane OTT desserts, I can understand why they don't have more.

New Mexico

Ellie Conley

Population: 2.084 Million

Congrats, New Mexico; that's approximately one Starbucks for every 27,421 residents. Clearly, aliens like Starbucks, too (@Roswell, looking at you).

New York

Ellie Conley

Population: 19.890 Million

There's approximately one Starbucks for every 30,837 people in New York. If you don't fancy waiting in those lines, check out these other 12 bomb cafés in NYC.

North Carolina

Ellie Conley

Population: 10.248 Million

That's approximately one Starbucks for every 30,319 people in North Carolina. Since Krispy Kreme was invented in North Carolina, you can bet that coffee and doughnuts is a popular pairing.

North Dakota

Ellie Conley

Population: 790,701

That's only one Starbucks for every 60,823 North Dakota residents, which, considering that the state is mostly made up of sunflowers and not people, is kind of to be expected.

Ohio

Ellie Conley

Population: 11.646 Million

There's approximately one Starbucks for every 30,809 residents in Ohio. You can tell that chili isn't the only thing that Ohioans are passionate about.

Oklahoma

Ellie Conley

Population: 3.975 Million

Sadly, that's only one Starbucks for every 50,316 Oklahoma residents. It's okay, Oklahoma; you still have these eight killer restaurants to tide you over.

Oregon

Ellie Conley

Population: 4.145 Million

That's approximately one Starbucks for every 11,545 residents, and thank goodness for that, because your other option in Oregon is drinking beer made from sewer water.

Pennsylvania

Ellie Conley

Population: 12.820 Million

That's one Starbucks for every 35,910 residents in Pennsylvania. They may have invented Hershey's chocolate, but Pennsylvanians will be waiting awhile for a mocha.

Rhode Island

Ellie Conley

Population: 1.059 Million

That's approximately one Starbucks for every 39,222 people. Rhode Islanders are probably too busy lusting after Del's Lemonade to appreciate a good Starbz.

South Carolina

Ellie Conley

Population: 5.030 Million

That's only one Starbucks for every 38,397 South Carolina residents. South Carolina, whatchu doing?

South Dakota

Ellie Conley

Population: 868,799

There's one Starbucks for every 34,752 people living in South Dakota, and with the amount of people driving through to Mount Rushmore, I'm hoping that at least half of those are drive-throughs.

Tennessee

Ellie Conley

Population: 6.705 Million

That's approximately one Starbucks for every 37,250 Tennessee residents. And honestly, when you're living in the home of Jack Daniels, ain't nobody got time for Starbz.

Texas

Ellie Conley

Population: 28.449 Million

Texas may have the second largest number of Starbucks, but that's still one Starbucks for every 27,302 people. Sorry, Texans; it looks like you still have to wait in a pretty long line for that coffee Frapp.

Utah

Ellie Conley

Population: 3.099 Million

You won't have to wait 127 Hours (@Utah, that was filmed in your state) for a Starbucks, but honestly, you might not be far off. There's one Starbucks for every 30,683 people.

Vermont

Ellie Conley

Population: 624,592

Yup, you read that right; Vermont only has eight Starbucks locations, which means there's only one Starbucks for every 78,218 people in the state. Sorry, Vermonters; at least you have some good cheese.

Virginia

Ellie Conley

Population: 8.493 Million

That's approximately one Starbucks for every 19,660 Virginia residents, which is pretty impressive. You might even see some Starbucks on these epic Virginia-based foodstagrams.

Washington

Ellie Conley

Population: 7.385 Million

That's a whopping one Starbucks for every 9,756 residents in Washington, which is no surprise, considering that Seattle is the home of Starbucks. Washington, you're slaying.

West Virginia

Ellie Conley

Population: 1.835 Million

You can listen to "Take Me Home, Country Roads" for a shout out to West Virginia while you're driving through the state, but don't expect to stop for a Starbucks. West Virginia only has one Starbucks for every 73,400 people.

Wisconsin

Ellie Conley

Population: 5.795 Million

That's one Starbucks for every 39,966 Wisconsin residents. The real question is though, do the Starbucks in Wisconsin sell cheese? (Someone please confirm).

Wyoming: 23

Ellie Conley

Population: 589,713

For having the least amount of people in a state, Wyoming is still doing pretty well in the Starbz department, with approximately one Starbucks for every 25,640 people.

Whether you live in Washington (yay!) or Vermont (sorry, Vermonters), the number of Starbucks is always on the rise. So don't despair if your state only has a few locations where you can stock up on PSLs and the new pumpkin spice whipped cream; more Starbucks are probably already being built.