I blinked and just like that, four years flew by. In just about three weeks I’ll be graduating, walking across the stage to shake the hand of the University President, who will act like he knows me even though we’ve never met before. I’ll walk up that stage a student and leave it a graduate. So, needless to say, I’ve got a lot of feelings. 

Much like on the show "Chopped," you never know what’s going to be thrown your way at college. But you’ve got to do the best with what you’ve got if you want to get earn that expensive piece of paper. On "Chopped," that’s a $10,000 check and in college, it’s sometimes a near quarter of a million-dollar diploma.

So, here’s my story of what it feels like to be a graduating senior, as told by "Chopped." 

Reminiscing on Freshmen Year 

Freshman year feels like it was yesterday. Honestly, I’d say my feelings from freshman year are similar to what they are now — I’m excited, I’m a little worried, I’m afraid of having to meet new people, but honestly, I could just use a drink.

Waiting for Classes to Finish

At this point, it takes every ounce of my being to drag my butt to class for a measly 50-minute lecture. I'm low-key panicking because if this is where I’m at right now, how in the world am I going to be able to sit at a desk from 9 to 5 post-graduation?

Handing in Final Assignments

With one foot out the door, we can all agree that we are just looking to pass here. Professor, you and I both know this isn’t my best work, but if you could just pass me so we never have to see each other again, you’d be doing us both a favor.

Walking Out of the Last Exam

And somehow, I imagine that the grass will be greener, the sky will be bluer, and the birds will chirp as though they are personally cheering me on. In my head, I'll likely revert back to my 5-year-old self and skip home while humming the tune to "Dora the Explorer's," “We Did It!” 

Imagining Sitting Through the Graduation Ceremony

You don’t realize how many students are actually in your graduating class until you have to hear every single one of their names called. The A through C’s have it easy, but the W through Z’s are the real troopers. Kind of makes you wish you went to a teeny, tiny liberal arts school.

Realizing How Much You’re Going to Miss Your Friends

It’s truly incredible how people you’ve known for only four years can leave such an impact on you. My best advice to underclassmen is to cherish every second you have with your friends at college because there will be no other time quite like it.