There is no better companion to a book than food. Books make us go through almost the same emotions that food does. And be it comfort, nostalgia, or love; these two have been there with us through it all. We bet you all agree with us on this.

There are good books. And there is good food.  Then, there are good books which remind us of good food. Let’s take a look at some books from various genres, which remind us of some of our favourite food items.

1. Malgudi Days by R.K. Narayan – Tea

books

Photo by Paavani Jain

They’re both old, they’re both classic. They’re both loved by people from all generations. They’re both so good, we never get bored of them.

2. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks – Chocolate Strawberry Waffles

books

Photo by Serena Ajbani

Just the right amount of sweet mixed with everything else, to make us always come back for more. You can find the recipe here.

3. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling – Chicken Curry

books

Photo by Bonnie Wu

Ever seen anything more tasteful and so widely loved?

4. Those Pricey Thakur Girls by Anuja Chauhan – Pickles

books

Photo by Sabhyata Badhwar

Full of humour, sarcasm, and wit, this book is the perfect remider of pickles. You just can’t get enough of it.

5. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson – Fried Chicken

books

Photo by Amanda Friedman

Crispy and spicy, they both give us that much-needed kick.

6. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen – Tart

books

Photo by Natalie Van Brunt

Just the right mix of the right flavours, and you have a favourite among yourselves. It can also be particularly associated with Mr. Darcy.

7. 50 Shades of Grey by EL James – Martini

books

Photo by Hana Ezaldein

Need we say more?

8. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts – Ice Cream

books

Photo by Leigh Needham

They’re both the things you will reach out for when you want to just sit, relax, rejuvenate yourself and are in mood for some deep introspection. They’re both therapeutic.

More from the Spoon community worldwide: