Everyone knows about the pizza party on the last day of Bulldog Days, but why stop there? It’s the final stretch of the semester with exams, essays and projects galore, so we’ve decided to ease your pain and give you some insight into the top free food events during Bulldog Days. Because come on, food makes everything better.

Monday, April 20th 

9:00 PM – 10:00 PM: Get to Know Spoon University (WLH 112)
Come hang out with your’s truly for cookie decorating and eating.

Bulldog Days

Photo by Kristina Kim

10:30 PM – 12:30 AM: S’mores with FCC and SOCO  (Lanman Wright Hall, Old Campus)
Hit up Old Campus to eat s’mores with the Freshman and Sophomore Class Councils.

Bulldog Days

photo by Isabelle Chu

10:30 PM – 12:30 AM: Samosas and Set with Math-Counts and Hemispheres (WLH 117)
Play some games with two student-run educational outreach organizations and have the chance to eat a few hot samosas.

Bulldog Days

photo courtesy of Kalyan Kanuri

10:30 PM – 12:00 AM: Post-Passover Bagels and Lox Social (Slifka Center, 80 Wall Street)
Missed bagel brunch this weekend? There’s no need to fret. You can get bagel fix at this late night bagel and lox social hosted at the Slifka Center.

Bulldog Days

photo courtesy of Kenneth Lu

10:30 PM – 12:00 AM: Slices of Service with Elmseed and YHAPP (Common Room, Davenport College)
Enjoy BAR pizza and maybe learn a thing or two about Yale’s non-profit, student-run microfinance institute, ways to save money on textbooks and volunteerism.

Bulldog Days

photo by Shinya Suzuki

10:30 PM – 12:00 AM: Eat with YUIT: Screening of The Interpreters (LC 103)
Take a quick study break to come watch the Vice documentary “The Interpreters,” which follows the interpreters who worked alongside American and NATO forces in Afghanistan and are among our bravest allies. Plus, you can grab some Chipotle after the screening.

Bulldog Days

photo courtesy of Chipotle

Tuesday, April 21st

4:00 PM – 5:00 PM: Marshmallow Dodgeball and Candy Buffet (Saint Thomas More, 268 Park StThe Golden Center)
You can learn about Catholic life at Yale while playing marshmallow dodgeball and enjoying a delicious candy buffet.

Bulldog Days

photo by Kelda Baljon

6:15 PM – 7:30 PM:  Solar at Sunset (Meet in front of Sterling Memorial Library)
What could be better than smoothies and sunsets? Join Project Bright members on the roof of Sterling for a tour of solar installations, discussion, music and a New Haven sunset. Besides smoothies blended by a Project Bright made solar smoothie machine, you can enjoy granola and other snacks.

Bulldog Days

photo by Christin Urso

10:00 pm – 12:30 am: Popeyes with DPops (Davenport Dive, Davenport College)
Popeyes and DPops = sold

Bulldog Days

photo courtesy of Bing

10:30 PM – 12:00 AM: Milkshake Social with the Conservative Party (Yorkside Pizza, 288 York Street)
Yorkside. Milkshake. Social. This event just might make you forget about your political views.

Bulldog Days

photo by Andrea Kang

10:30 PM – 12:30 AM: West Wing and Wings (WLH 113)
Snaps for the theme of this event and for it’s choice of food. Join the members of the Yale Model Congress for some wings and episodes of the West Wing.

Bulldog Days

photo by Sarah Strong

10:30 PM- 12:30 AM: Halloween Show Screening and Chipotle with the Yale Symphony Orchestra (LC 101)
Enjoy Chipotle burritos, chips and guac with members of the Yale Symphony Orchestra.

Bulldog Days

photo by Xinwei Zeng

11:00 pm – 12:00 am: Sushi with the Politic and West Wing Weekly (Brandford-Saybrook Room, Branford College)
Sushi? Yes, please! Swing by Branford for some delicious sushi and conversation with The Politic and West Wing Weekly.

Bulldog Days

photo by Santina Renzi

Wednesday, April 22nd

12:45 PM – 1:30 PM: New Haven Pizza Party (Old Campus)
If you are questioning why you should go this event, I can’t even deal with you. Sample all of New Haven’s best pizzerias including Pepe’s, Modern, Yorkside, BAR and many more.

Bulldog Days

photo by Caroline Kim

Bulldog Days

photo courtesy of Joe Hall

Compiling and narrowing down this list was no easy task, so I’d like to thank my dear friends Carlin Hudson and Taylor Hobbs for their assistance. Bulldog Days may be over, but free food events will never die. They come back when you really need them a.k.a. reading period.

Need more food while you’re in New Haven?

Bulldog Days Bingo for a Food Centered Visit

Amazing Arepas and more at Rubamba

All the Mediterranean Food You Could Ever Want at Pitaziki