Popular opinion: pumpkin spice is bomb. Unpopular opinion: coffee sucks.

Every time I tell someone I've gone through most of college (so far) without drinking coffee, they look at me like I'm some sort of alien. I suppose I've never liked the taste of it alone. I enjoy Haägen-Dazs coffee ice cream and I love salted caramel mocha frappuccinos, but that about ends my interest in it.

Other than that, I've always thought it tasted like bitter water. Sure, they say it's an acquired taste, but I guess I feel like if I've gotten this far without needing caffeine going through my veins, I probably don't need it. 

The problem at hand is that pumpkin spice is sugar, spice and everything nice, and it only seems to be served in latte form at Starbucks. The warm spices make you feel like someone's hugging you with love and for the thirty minutes that you spend sipping it, all is right with the world. 

To get started off, here's a pumpkin spice recipe that you can definitely make at home. Sure, you can buy it in stores, but I've always felt like spices taste better fresh anyways, plus it's more fun.

Pumpkin Spice Chocolate 

milk, coffee, chocolate, cream
Parisa Soraya
Hot chocolate is the ultimate holiday drink. I've always loved cinnamon in mine and I imagine that pumpkin spice would just make this treat a little bit sweeter. For an extra kick, use Mexican hot chocolate and you'll have a drink that will keep you warm and full. 

Pumpkin Spice Bourbon Milkshakes 

cream, chocolate, sweet, milk, caramel, coffee, goody, dairy product, milkshake, ice, whipped cream
Phoebe Melnick

Ice cream + alcohol + pumpkin spice? YAAAS. Alongside your next vanilla milkshake, add in three (or eight) tablespoons of bourbon and a teaspoon of pumpkin spice. You'll have a tall glass of creamy goodness that will both warm you up and cool you down at the same time.

Pumpkin Spice Butterbeer

ice, coffee, tea, cream, chocolate
Darcy Graham

I'm sure we can all agree that J.K. Rowling is a genius. I'm sure we can also agree that this stuff is crazy good. To add a kick to butterbeer, add a teaspoon or two of pumpkin spice to 1/4 cup of butterscotch, 1/4 cup of condensed milk and 1 1/2 cups of cream soda. The spice will balance out what you might think is a little too sweet.

Pumpkin Spice Horchata

coffee, milk, cappuccino, espresso, cream, chocolate, cinnamon, sweet
Lily Allen

Okay I'm sure your abuela is going to hate me for this but hear me out. While cinnamon itself is great, all the other spices will add a new dimension to this sweet drink. The next time you're having horchata, swap in the same amount of PS for cinnamon and you'll discover a new creation that's absolutely tasty.

Pumpkin Spice Apple Juice

apple, sweet
Christine Pritula

I'm sure this one sounds a little odd, but I promise you it's good. Try 1/4 teaspoon or so in your regular glass of apple juice and warm it up. It's warm and sweet, but not over-the-top. Just like Apple Jacks, but better.

Pumpkin Shot 

coffee, chocolate, cream, dairy product, milk, sweet, caramel
Tiare Brown

Try this: a shot of spiced rum, a bit of simple syrup, 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice, and whipped cream on top. You just got yourself your drink of the season.

coffee, milk, espresso, cappuccino, cream, chocolate
Justin Schwebel

I know that PSL seems to be the trend, but it doesn't have to be. Personally, I know I like chocolate much better. In fact, I've got a cup waiting for me right now.