Being away from home can be hard, and there's no better way to help a college student you know (that includes yourself) get through the homesickness blues than by sending them comfort foods to eat their way through it. Here are the best food care packages to send a college student at any time throughout their college career, anywhere in the country.

Cookie DŌ in New York City

This amazing cookie dough company is from New York City and the flavors vary from original chocolate chip to Gimme S'More.

This is be the perfect gift for a cookie dough lover, and there is no health risk to eating the raw dough. They can ship you cookie dough within a day, so you do not even have to wait that long for it to arrive.

Sprinkles Cupcakes

Everyone has heard of Sprinkles Cupcakes, the original cupcake bakery. With their cupcake ATMs making their way to every major city and their wide variety of cupcakes, Sprinkles is slowly starting to take over the nation with their perfectly simple desserts.

What you didn't know about this company is they are now shipping to select cities. With each cupcake having its own special flair, they would make any college student happy.

Garrett Popcorn Shops

Garrett's Popcorn has been a "Chicago Tradition" since 1949. This care package won't just go over well with your favorite college student, it will go over well with their entire dorm. From their salty Cheese Corn flavor to their Carmel Crisp, Garrett's has a flavor for any palate.

Potato Parcel

A photo posted by Potato Parcel (@potato_parcel) on

While this may not be an edible gift, Potato Parcel is something that can make anyone laugh. This company allows you to write messages or put pictures on potatoes and send them in the mail. This silly idea would brighten anybody's day, and is a sure fire way to lighten the mood during finals week.

Baked By Melissa

Baked by Melissa is a widely known cupcake bakery. They specialize in miniature cupcakes with ranging flavors such as peanut butter and jelly to mint chocolate. They even have a flavor of the month along with seasonal favorites such as their pumpkin spice cupcakes.  

Amazingly, this company will ship these adorable cupcakes to a dorm, and you can customize the colors, box, and message the cupcakes arrive with. So not only will the cupcakes taste amazing, the presentation can be meaningful as well.

Painted Pretzel

The Painted Pretzel started out as a small business in the house of a stay at home mom, and quickly expanded to multiple retail locations.

Today, they ship to anywhere in the United States and United Kingdom. You can ship various kinds of pretzel treats to your loved ones, and it makes for a perfect salty snack. 

Wicked Good Cupcakes

Last but not least is Wicked Good Cupcakes. Making their way into people's homes through Shark Tank, this company won over the nation with their cupcakes perfectly stacked in mason jars.

This by far is the cutest idea to send college students, and is the easiest to store. Not only is this care package delicious, but it is Insta-worthy as well.

While the packages on this list may not help your favorite college student get straight A's, they will at least brighten their day.