Guy Fieri is the celebrity chef you love to hate. Is it the frosted tips that make you cringe? Are the short-sleeved shirts with flames a little too much for you to handle? You’re not alone. Lucky for us, Guy Fieri doesn’t just appear to be a living example of the weirdest man alive. He says some pretty weird stuff, too.

Maybe you want to be him when you grow up, maybe you see him as your future husband, or maybe he just creeps you out. Culled from his book, Guy on Fireas well as DVR-ing countless hours of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, Guy has gone on recored to say some pretty wack things. Whether you love him or hate him, here are some of the strangest things he’s ever said about food.

1. “I sucked at making my Yorkshire pudding before getting schooled by Anne. Now they’re puffy McMagic, not flat McTragic… She could feed me beef six ways to Sunday.”

guy fieri

Photo courtesy of @guyfieri on Instagram

What does this even mean?

2. “Peace, love, and taco grease!”

guy fieri

Foodies everywhere will have decals on their bedroom walls of this phrase.

3. “I don’t know if it’s fair to call their Russian dressing Russian dressing—it should be called something sexy, like liquid Moscow.”

guy fieri

Nope, let’s just call it Russian dressing.

4. “It was a lightning bolt of an idea in Flavor Town that pranked the un-prankable mayor, Guy Fieri.”

guy fieri

Take a shot whenever Guy Fieri says “Flavortown.”

5. “When cooking for a big crew of hungry dudes who’ve been sleeping in a parking lot, do not think you can get away with fettuccine Alfredo.”

guy fieri

Photo courtesy of @guy_fieri_love on Instagram

This scenario doesn’t even surprise me. That’s just so Guy. 

6. “I wanna be the ambassador to Chimichanga Flavor Town.”

guy fieri

Retweet, Guy, retweet.

7. “Dude, I’ve been stricken by chicken!”

guy fieri

If people loved each other the way Guy loved chicken, the world would be a better place.

8. “I could put this on a flip-flop and it would taste good.”

guy fieri

What are the odds, Guy?

9. “Living in Cali, I’m cooking in the yard all the time. I don’t care what the weather is like. My hair is impervious to any kind of dampness, so I don’t have too much to worry about.”

guy fieri

His hair defies any sort of external force.