If you’re a student, chances are you’ll be sitting way up high in the 500-level seats (the “nose-bleeds”) when you attend a Blue Jays game. Although Toronto has a pretty trendy food culture and there are some foods America should thank us for, the 500-level seats of the Rogers Centre are still a little behind in food trends. So here are a few cheap-seat foods you can get while supporting the Blue Jays:

1. Beer

Rogers Centre

Photo by Morgan Hamilton

Not only do we have stronger beer up north, but we also get to enjoy our ball games with custom beer cans. There are also a few Toronto microbreweries that have their own vendors within the stadium. If you’re up in the nose-bleeds, your best bet is to look for the Mill St. vendor cart usually positioned between section 532 and 531. If you’re planning to drink all day, just remember to budget your money because these bad boys are $10.50 a piece or more.

2. Popcorn

Rogers Centre

Photo by Morgan Hamilton

You know that movie popcorn you love so much and finish before the movie actually starts? Well, you can watch baseball with a tube of it in a limited edition 40th Season bucket. Just grab a few napkins first because this popcorn will stain your pristine Jays jersey.

3. Soft Pretzel

Rogers Centre

Photo by Morgan Hamilton

No sporting event is complete without one of these, but you have to plan when to buy them. If bought at the wrong time, the pretzel can be old and a little dry. I would suggest buying one right before the game or after the seventh inning stretch to make sure they are freshly made and soft.

4. Soft Serve Ice Cream

Rogers Centre

Photo by Morgan Hamilton

It might not be Canada’s best ice cream, but it does make that dry soft pretzel even tastier. Can’t decide between vanilla or chocolate? Go for the twist and enjoy it in a custom Blue Jays hat cup.

5. Poutine

Rogers Centre

Photo courtesy of @kevinkimmett on flickr.com

Okay, the Blue Jays are the only Canadian team in the MLB, so this one should be a given. You can get your classic cheese curds and gravy poutine in the 500’s section, but if you are willing to adventure down a few sections, you can find some pretty crazy combinations such as the Vegetarian Buffalo Cauliflower Poutine from T.O. Street Eats.

6. Big Smoke Food Company Market Cart

Rogers Centre

Photo by Morgan Hamilton

You might not be able to get Rogers Centre chicken and waffles on a stick in the 500’s, but you can get fresh fruit and salads if you find this beautiful stand. They also offer Terra chips and vegetarian hot dogs if the grease covered foods starts to irritate your digestion tract.

7. Your Own Food

Rogers Centre

Photo courtesy of toronto.bluejays.mlb.com

That’s right, sports fans! As long as it’s in a soft-walled, closed container and can fit under your seat, you can bring your own food into the Skydome. This is perfect if you are on a budget or trying to eat a little healthier. Along with this, you can also bring your favourite reusable water bottle in with you.

Whether you’re bringing your own food or buying it at the park, we hope you have a flippin’ good time.

Rogers Centre