When you find out that someone you like is the type of person who regularly just forgets to eat, part of that relationship dies, and that is worth grieving (even if the 5 stages of grieve are total BS).

And who better to explain that process than Mindy Kaling, a certified expert foodie and relationship expert.

1. Denial

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

It just can’t be true. I mean the possibility that someone doesn’t absolutely adore food is just laughable. It’s probably just a joke.

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

Wait, you’re being serious? Maybe we should just end this now…

2. Anger

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

I can’t believe you led me on like that, hiding such important information about yourself. You pretended to be a perfect little angel and made me fall for you, but all the while, you kept this deep, dark secret from me.

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

I’m already mad enough and now that we’re talking about food, I’m hungry too. That’s a really dangerous combination. You should probably step back.

3. Bargaining

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

I can teach you to be a foodie. You obviously just haven’t been eating good enough food. Let me show you what you’re missing.

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

You just need to try slutty brownies or literally ANYTHING with brown butter in it. Then you will understand what it means to be obsessed with food.

4. Depression

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

I just don’t think I can do it. You don’t even understand why I am using food to heal my pain. I can see the judgement in your eyes.

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

Look, just get me some more food. Then the tears will stop.

5. Acceptance

foodie

Photo courtesy of giphy.com

We can get through this. I will persevere and learn to forgive your faults. Anyway, I enjoy food enough for the both of us.