The softness of Subway's bread, the melty cheese, and the unlimited array of toppings make this chain a sandwich lover's dream. Unlike most fast food joints, Subway allows you to have as many veggies piled up on your sandwich as you want. Healthy fast food? Yep, it's a thing. Plus, you can customize your Subway with their No Bready Bowls if you want a gluten-free lunch or dinner. Or, opt for a flatbread or wrap. If you're sticking with a classic bread roll, including the Italian, multigrain, or Italian Herbs & Cheese, these are 10 healthy Subway sandwiches you can choose from. Without further ado, here's a list of the top 10 healthiest Subway sandwiches that don't skimp on flavor and will keep you full from lunch onward.

#SpoonTip: See how Subway compares to Jimmy John's.

1. Veggie Delite

The Veggie Delite is the healthiest Subway sandwich of them all. With no meat, you have no choice but to load it up with a ton of crisp, fresh veggies. At only 430 calories for a footlong, this sandwich is a great and delicious option regardless of if you're a vegetarian. Deck it out with as many condiments, cheeses, and veggies as your heart desires. 

2. Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki 

Subway features teriyaki-glazed grilled chicken in their sweet onion teriyaki sauce. Get a pop of flavorful protein and pair it with crunchy peppers, lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese to bring it all together. Grab a footlong for just around $10. Yummy!  

3. Grilled Chicken 

Photo via Subway

Load up your bread or flatbread with protein-rich, white-meat grilled chicken. It consists of 590 calories for a footlong, and will run you $10. Plus, you can level up the flavor by adding their buffalo sauce or honey mustard depending on how spicy you're feeling. Additionally, you can double your protein if you want to have an even more filling lunch or dinner. 

4. Rotisserie-Style Chicken

Photo via Subway

Rotisserie-style chicken doesn't have to come from a fancy, expensive deli. Subway is offering high-quality, juicy chicken and crispy veggies on their multigrain bread. Have a whopping 23 grams of protein when you grab a six-inch sub. Add more protein by doubling your chicken or adding bacon. Plus, load up this sub with veggies for additional fiber and nutrients. 

5. Black Forest Ham

Go ham with the Black Forest Ham. (See what I did there?) It's fresh, full of flavor, and low in grams of total fat compared to its protein counterparts. I recommend adding a little honey mustard, which is low in calories and will give your salty sub a sweet twist. 

6. Turkey Melt 

Photo via Subway

Transform your cold cuts into a delicious turkey melt. Take this lean protein to the grill and upgrade it with a cheese of your choice and as many veggies as you want. I mean, who doesn't love a little grilled onion?

7. Roast Beef

Photo via Subway

You can get buff with a roast beef sandwich by making it your go-to Subway order on the day you work out. This healthy six-inch sandwich has 22 grams of protein. Can it get any better? 

8. Turkey Cali Club

Grab this special sandwich from the Subway Series ASAP. The Turkey Cali Club is piled high with lean protein and veggies, and of course, you'll get the avocado spread of your dreams on top to add all those healthy fats to your meal. 

9.  Veggie Patty

Photo via Subway

Being a vegetarian doesn't mean you just have to put fresh veggies in between bread. Subway is now offering a high-protein veggie patty. Made with mushrooms, water chestnuts, onions, carrots, green bell peppers, red bell peppers, black olives, and more, you will get a ton of fiber and few added sugars. 

10. Oven Roasted Turkey 

Photo via Subway

The oven-roasted turkey sandwich is a great choice if you're looking for a healthy lunch with low cholesterol counts and 19 grams of protein. It even comes in wrap form! Load this up with your favorite leafy greens, fresh cucumbers, etc., and then you are good to go. 

The next time you're at Subway and want to eat clean, order any of these healthy sandwiches for a flavorful, filling meal that you can take on the go.