Weather got you feeling down? While it’s still über important to eat, you definitely should avoid these seven foods since they’re likely to make things even worse for you (you heard me, OJ). We know you probably can’t taste anything with that cold, but there are foods other than chicken noodle soup that you can have during those dire times. Forget about the salty broth and try these instead – you may just feel better in no time.

1. Eggs

sick

Photo by Megan Prendergast

Eggs pack a ton of protein and contain zinc, which can boost your immune system and eliminate some of those nasty symptoms. Try them any which way you want, but we think in an avocado is a good way to go.

2. Broccoli

sick

Photo by Mackenzie Barth

Broccoli contains glutathione, which helps your body fight infections. Not really a fan of the veggie? Try them in these recipes and you won’t know they’re in there.

3. Bananas

sick

Photo by Abigail Wong

You lose quite a bit of electrolytes and potassium when you’re sick, but you can work your way towards replenishing those levels with some bananas. If you just bought a bunch but none of them are ripe yet, you can easily speed up the process with these simple hacks.

4. Ginger

sick

Photo by Bri Jones

Ginger has strong anti-nausea properties that’ll keep you from heading face first to the toilet bowl as often. Make this simple ginger dressing to toss alongside some greens for a quick meal.

5. Honey

sick

Photo by Carter Roland

Tackle that hella annoying sore throat with some honey, which can kill the bacteria lingering in the back of your mouth. It may not help with your seasonal allergies, but it’ll pull you out of the misery of being sick.

6. Crackers/Toast

sick

Photo by Rachel Piorko

It may not be the funnest thing to eat, but since crackers and toast are bland, your stomach won’t have to overwork itself to digest them. It’s an easy way to get some protein-packed toppings on top too, and yes, you can cave in to your inner basic bitch and mash an avocado on top.

7. Garlic

sick

Photo by Kristine Mahan

Don’t worry about the garlic stinking up your breath, cause you probably aren’t going to be kissing anyone anytime soon while you’re sick (and if you are, well, props to you). Garlic has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties, but it also stimulates the immune system, helping you feel better when you’re not really feeling it.

8. Salmon

sick

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

This mighty fish has a ton of omega-3 fatty acids, which reduce inflammation in your body, making your immune system run more efficiently and effectively. Bake some salmon in the oven, yo.

9. Turmeric

sick

Photo by Sarina Maran

This spice is commonly found in Indian cooking and works as an anti-inflammatory, ridding your body of nasty toxins that may be circulating throughout it.

10. Yogurt

sick

Photo by Justin Schuble

Go greek and get some extra protein in your morning cup. The beneficial bacteria will help fight invading germs in your body, making you feel good as new.