Thanksgiving: arguably the largest food-centric holiday of the year. For many, it’s a time to take a break from everyday obligations and travel home to celebrate with family and friends. However, for some of us, going all the way back home just isn’t feasible. But this doesn’t mean that we have to be deprived of warm, delicious food. The dining halls may be closed, but we don’t have to live off of Cup Noodles and potato chips forever! Here are some places that you can eat Thanksgiving dinner in Eugene: 

1. SweetWaters at Valley River Inn

Located in Valley River Inn, SweetWaters serves a Thanksgiving buffet between 12 PM to 6 PM. Selections include a carving station, along with various salads and appetizers. There are many other entrees and sides including the classic green beans, mashed potatoes, and also rocky road sweet potatoes with gingersnaps! Of course, dessert is essential and SweetWaters accommodates this by providing a handcrafted dessert station featuring pies, cakes, tortes, and other pastries to satisfy your sweet tooth. Reservations aren’t mandatory but are strongly recommended. Check out the full menu here.

2. King Estate Winery

If you’re feeling fancy, King Estate Winery hosts a buffet in their event space. Turkey, ham, appetizers, and desserts will be included in the list of selections. At $50 per person, this option may be a little more expensive, but the exquisite location should more than make up for it. Spaces fill up fast, so make a reservation soon if you want to be a part of the experience! 

3. Shari's

Open 365 days per year, Thanksgiving is no exception. Shari’s will be serving the classics, including turkey or ham, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and pie. At $14.99, enjoying a traditional meal doesn’t have to break the bank. Their full menu will also be offered if Thanksgiving food wasn’t calling your name. If you wanted a meal in the comfort of your own home, Shari’s takes to go orders for their Holiday Feast, feeding 4-6 people. Orders can be made in advance online.

4. Amici at Holiday Inn

Offering a traditional Thanksgiving buffet, Amici provides all the staples without all the cleanup. Turkey is sure to be included, along with salad, soup, and potatoes. If you don’t feel like having anything off of the Thanksgiving menu, regular menu service will still be available. Reservations are required, so book your spot before they all fill up! 

5. Oregon Electric Station

Situated in a former train station, Oregon Electric Station’s backstory adds to the historic atmosphere of Thanksgiving. Open 11AM to 8 PM, this restaurant will be offering a buffet of soup, salad, and various proteins as entrees. Stuffing, casseroles, and many other dishes are also served. Be sure to reserve a spot to enjoy this feast. 

6. McGrath's Fish House

McGrath’s Fish House will be serving dishes from their special Thanksgiving menu starting from 11AM. For just $15.95, you can access their selections of roast turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams, green bean casserole, and pumpkin or apple pie. Their regular menu will also be available if you want to enjoy their signature dishes. Visit their website for more information. 

7. The Embers

Open until 6 PM, The Embers is serving a traditional turkey dinner with all the other essentials, including mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. During normal business days, they often have live music and other entertainment. A calendar of events and the menu can be found on their website.

8. GSH

beer, coffee, wine
Julia Liu

If you’re living in the residence halls, NRHH is hosting dinner on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. For 10 meal points (7 for the first 150 students that sign up), you can enjoy a feast without even stepping off campus! Just sign up on The Dash and head over to the GSH Great Room at 7 PM to celebrate with fellow Ducks and friends!