Taco Frenxi is Boise State Alpha Xi Delta's spring philanthropy event where sisters sell tacos for $1 each. All of the proceeds go to their national philanthropy, Autism Speaks. And yes, you can buy as many tacos as you want.

beer
Photo courtesy of Regan Denny

A new participant at Taco Frenxi should expect a loud and very passionate crowd of sorority women--and of course lots of tacos. There will be joyful chaos among the music, games, and the large turnout with over 100 sorority girls, students, and community members. Last year Alpha Xi Delta raised almost $2,000 for Autism Speaks. Their goal for Taco Frenxi this year is to raise at least $3,500.

The majority of the food will be donated by generous local businesses and the tacos will be prepared by members. There will also be all sorts of fun games like "paint a xi" where you can pay $5 to throw paint on a member of your choice, corn hole, and raffles. Raffle tickets will be priced at $2 each or $5 for 3 tickets. Some of the raffle prizes include hair products, Black Rock Coffee products, tumblers, etc.

Alpha Xi Delta's philantropy chair, Regan Denny, stated, "My personal favorite part of the event is the community environment it creates. It is one of the few times all year where every single sister is together in one place, coming together for a common purpose. The Greek and Boise community support is amazing, and it makes me incredibly thankful for this organization and what it does for others."

Tacos will be sold at the Alpha Xi Delta sorority house on Yale Court along with all of the games and entertainment on Friday, April 21st from 4pm-7pm. Cash and Venmo payments are accepted. They will also accept donations at the event.

With an awesome cause like this than and an excuse to eat endless tacos, who wouldn't want to attend Taco Frenxi?