Craving your favorite candies from your time spent studying abroad? Or perhaps you’re just a candy-lover looking for something new to intrigue your taste buds. Either way, check out two new candy shops carrying imported sweets and treats, GUNZ Fine European and The London Candy Company.

GUNZ, which opened in mid-September on University Place at the corner of 12th St., carries a unique selection of candies and snacks from Belgium and Austria, and all at extremely reasonable prices.

Sweets from Abroad

Photo by Katherine Baker

Described by an employee as “a Crunch bar on crack,” the Choc’n’Rice bar is a customer favorite. Puffed rice cereal mixed with smooth milk chocolate gives way to a noticeably softer – and more addictive – twist on its American partner. The Schoko Bananen candies–pillowy layers of banana filling coated in chocolate–are among the other must-tries.

After GUNZ, take a quick walk to the corner of Bleecker and Morton St. in the West Village to visit The London Candy Company. Opened on August 10th, this tiny but adorably decorated store is quickly gaining popularity. The sign on the floor reads “Keep Calm and Eat Candy,” but with the exciting selection of snacks, it’s near impossible to contain that kid-in-a-candy-store excitement.

Sweets from Abroad

Photo by Katherine Baker

London Candy Co. carries an unparalleled selection of British sweets, including an extensive selection of Cadbury products, European Kit Kats (think peanut butter and hazelnut flavors), as well as potato “crisps” in flavors like Ketchup and Beef & Onion. They also serve Stumptown Coffee at fair prices and are one of only five places in the city that has Stumptown Cold Brew on tap.

For the nostalgic, the shop also carries Crispy M&Ms, a former American favorite that was discontinued in the US in 2005. If you’re feeling fancy, try the Wine Gums. With the texture of Jujubes and the flavors of sweet wine, these finessed gummy candies are delightfully intriguing, and a great choice for candy and wine lovers of all ages.

Sweets from Abroad

Photo by Katherine Baker

So put down the Reese’s at Duane Reade and try something new. Hop the ponds with your taste buds at these two new candy shops.

Sweets from Abroad

Photo by Katherine Baker