Here at SLU, we work hard during the week and look forward to raging on the weekends. While every Thursday and Saturday night at the Ticker is all good and fun, we pay the price on Sunday, aka experience the Sunday Scaries. Urban Dictionary sums up the Sunday Scaries as “the dreadful feeling on a Sunday morning after a long, hard week of boozing. Regret, the shakes, having no money left in your wallet, and spending the day hugging the porcelain throne.” Needless to say, it is an uphill battle when Sunday comes around and it is that day of the week we all cringe about.

Sunday

When waking up with a wicked hangover, the one thing you truly need is food, immediately. Slaving in ODY doing homework comes after.

Sunday

If you are fortunate enough to live in Sykes, you have Dana brunch awaiting you in your building when you wake up in the morning. As for everyone else, we embrace that blistering cold, Sunday morning hangover trek to an eatery of our choice either on campus or in town.

Sunday

A struggle, however, that all SLU students can identify with is the Pub hours on Sundays. The grill doesn’t open until 2. This is a bummer when you are lying in bed, listening to your stomach growl and don’t feel like eating sub-par eggs or giving into that $7 swipe at Dana. Don’t fret, Saints! The Bagelry and the Partridge Cafe are right around the corner to fulfill your greasy breakfast sandwich craving. The bagels at both places are to die for. My personal favorite is The Brooklyn from The Baglery, which is your classic bacon egg and cheese on an everything bagel. I like to add avocado; it is bliss. A fan favorite at the Partridge cafe, if you are looking to quench your thirst, is a four-berry smoothie. Any smoothie at Partridge, for that matter, is both a delicious and refreshing addition to your morning that will boost your brain.

Sunday

Coffee may be your best friend everyday, but on Sunday’s you will want to have that extra cup or two, or three…or four. The urge to curl up in a ball, sleep, and Netflix binge will taunt you throughout the day, but if you are one to procrastinate and leave your work for the last minute, like myself, you will have to resist that all consuming urge. So, if you are feeling up for the trip, 15-20 minutes down the road you will find a little gem and favorite of mine called Parker Bros. It’s a cute cafe that has the look and feel of a hip Brooklyn coffee joint.

Sunday

Don’t forget, Dunkin is right around the corner calling your name. Strawberry frosted donut and large iced coffee, please!

Sunday

Or, for the daring, turn your Sunday Scaries into Sunday Funday.

Sunday

To sum it up, the key to surviving the Sunday Scaries is food: good, greasy food. So get out there and fuel your body, pop an Advil, grab an extra cup of coffee and head to ODY. Let’s conquer next Sunday like champs. Here We Go, Saints!