Whether you're watching it because you love sports, the commercials, or are just in it for the party and the food (wings, pizza, you know the drill), the Super Bowl is a pretty big deal. Super Bowl 51, however, delivered juuuust a little bit more — the surprising, (or if you're not a Boston/Brady fan, devastating) win of the New England Patriots in overtime. 

If you feel like celebrating or mourning this wild win, there's no better way to do it than with food. These weird, but apparently delicious, food combos will either return that feeling of shocked excitement to you, or (like the Patriot's win) just make you wish you'd never seen them. Either way, happy eating.

1. Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich with Chips

corn, chips, sweet, bread, toast
Wendy Zhou

Pb and j is a classic, a standby, something that's always delicious and pretty hard to change up. However, a surprising number of people will swear by this strange food combination.

In fact, one of my friends takes this weird sandwich even further and swears by adding Nacho Cheese Doritos. She says it gives this sandwich the perfect cheesy complement and crunch. 

2. Pickles and Cheese

While this duo sounds like a pregnancy craving, it does make sense. Many delis (looking at you, Zingerman's) put a pickle on the side of every sandwich ordered, so there might be something to be said for these foods working together.

3. Fries with Ranch or Mayo

French fries are one of the best foods in the world — no question. While this classic is usually either served plain or with the American classic, Ketchup, I've been told by multiple people how delicious dipping fries in either of these alternative sauces can be. 

4. Fries dipped in a Frosty (or Milkshake)

Fries are so nice, I had to include them twice. It seems weird at first, but I can actually attest to how amazing this food combination is. Dipping your fries into a black and white Wendy's frosty or shake gives you the perfect combination of sweet and salty. 

5. Mac and Cheese with Ketchup

carbohydrate, wheat, spaghetti, macaroni, pasta
Kai Huang

Speaking of ketchup, this weird combo also combines the condiment with an American classic. While I can't imagine anything being better than plan old mac and cheese, there are people who promise that this makes your typical Kraft college student dinner that much better.  

6. Cream Cheese and Fish

nori, avocado, ginger, shrimp, fish, salmon, wasabi, eel, tuna, seafood, rice, sushi
Hayden Carder

For everyone who loves extra salt, fish and cream cheese gives you just that. My friend swears that this combo will make your average tuna salad better or just add some more flavor to a tuna melt. Alternatively, salmon and cream cheese make up the popular Philadelphia sushi roll

7. Peanut Butter and Bacon

sandwich, cake, pastry, toast, bread, sweet
Christin Urso

Growing up, my dad used to make sandwiches with Peanut butter and bacon all the time. We have Elvis to thank for the knowledge and popularity of this strange combo, though his was even weirder, incorporating bananas as well. 

9. Cheese Pizza with Potatoes

Pizza and potatoes are both amazing foods, and apparently, combining your typical slice of cheese pizza with the comfort of potatoes (mashed, baked, the possibilities are endless) only makes things better. 

10. Goat Cheese Cheesecake

mousse, raspberry, custard, pie, berry, cream, sweet, chocolate, pastry, cake
Grace Nguyen

If you're the GOAT (looking at you, Tom Brady), then no matter how wild or weird things get, you'll go with anything. What better way to finish than with an amazing victory? Just like there's no better end to a meal than with a deliciously sweet and savory piece of cheesecake.

Here's hoping these weird and random food combinations bring back your delicious sense of victory or can at least comfort you as you mourn the talent of Tom Brady and the ending of that game.