When you wake up in last night’s outfit, head spinning, the last thing you want to do is start drinking again. Tucked in between summer and fall, dartying is one of college’s top seasons. It’s the beautiful time in our lives when we think rallying is not only appropriate, but also encouraged. So here are a few drinks that will help ease yourself out of your hangover and into that darty ambiance.

Banana, Almond Milk & Kahlua Smoothie

darties

Photo by Kathy Dai

…these are a few of my favorite things. Honestly, when I first created this recipe I had no idea how it would turn out. I credit the boredom of my friends and I one Saturday night for this creation. For one serving, simply add a banana, a few scoops of frozen kefir (don’t let the name frighten you, it’s essentially frozen greek yogurt), unsweetened vanilla almond milk and some Kahlua. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and enjoy for a drink that will help you both fill and loosen up. It’s as easy as it sounds.

Blueberry Spritzer

darties

Photo by Hannah Lin

This simple recipe calls for one shot of vodka, a little bit of berry juice (I would recommend Old Orchard, either red raspberry or blueberry pomegranate) and some seltzer, finished off with frozen blueberries. The frozen blueberries serve the same function as ice, yet add a fun flavor and aesthetic appeal to your cocktail. Although the recipe calls for one shot of vodka, adding a second does not ruin the flavor (coming from a girl who does not like strong drinks). This blueberry spritzer is a refreshing morning drink—the bubbly and fruity flavor will get you buzzed without you even knowing.

Check out another fizzy & fruity recipe here.

Chai Hot Toddy

darties

Photo by Bari Blanga

This drink is perfect for a cozy morning in bed—as you slowly wake up and fight through that morning fog. Simply make one cup of steeped chai tea (any classic chai will work), then add one shot of bourbon and a touch of honey. If you are hosting a pre-game or are feeling particularly classy, squeeze cloves into quartered oranges slices and let them float in the top of your drink.

Get a similar recipe here—don’t forget to spike it.

If you need more inspiration, check out these great alternatives from Erin Gleeson’s The Forest Feast.

Check out other related articles: