Nowadays, Starbucks is more than your typical coffee joint—it’s a lifestyle, and everyone wants to stay informed. It often seems that a whirlwind of new Starbucks info is tossed around everyday, so we’ve put together an organized list of some important (and shocking) Starbucks facts to help keep you in the loop.
1. The most loyal 20% of customers come into the store at least 16 times per month.
The average customer typically visits 6 times per month. Consider where you fall on this spectrum to see how truly obsessed you are.
2. You can order dinner and booze at Starbucks.
Game changer. Select Starbucks locations offer an exclusive evening menu including a variety of options ranging from truffle macaroni & cheese, artichoke & goat cheese flatbread, to wine and beer. Your nighttime study sessions will never be the same.
3. Living near a Starbucks can increase your home value.
Further, a study conducted by Quartz revealed that when a new Starbucks moves into a neighborhood, property values in the area increase by double the standard rate. So perhaps your daily coffee run isn’t making you as poor as you thought?
4. There are over 87,000 drink combination possibilities.
Taking into account the various size, drink, and flavor options, your drink possibilities are endless. Now you understand the reason for your indecisive anxiety each time you step in line.
5. You can find a Starbucks date online using match.com.
Yep, that’s right, Starbucks and match.com have joined forces to help turn coffee addicts everywhere into lovebirds, as Match members can use the “Meet at Starbucks” option to initiate that first date. What better way to fall in love than over a couple of caramel macchiatos?
6. As of March 2015, Starbucks will no longer be selling CDs.
Try to not be too heartbroken about all the missed opportunities you had to purchase that obscure indie album that you glanced at as you purchased your vanilla latte.
7. The “trenta” sized cup holds more liquid than the human stomach.
At 30.9 ounces that beastly beverage will leave you feeling uncomfortably bloated.
8. You can now get your favorite Starbucks roast delivered straight to your door.
The coffee chain announced in February 2015 that customers will be able to subscribe to a variety of delivery options, ranging from single months, to the whole year.
9. The inventor of the Pumpkin Spice Latte was a Stanford basketball player.
Peter Dukes came to work at Starbucks in 2001 and was given the task of creating a new fall espresso drink. Little did he know that his idea of a pumpkin pie-inspired drink would evolve into one of the most beloved Starbucks drinks of all time.
10. Since 1987, an average of two Starbucks stores have opened each day.
With 11,962 stores in the US in 2014, Starbucks stores could soon become more abundant than McDonalds.
11. The majority of their flavored drinks contain more sugar than one should consume in entire day.
A tall Classic Chai Latte (one of their less sugary drinks), for example, has 32 grams of sugar, while the recommended daily maximum sugar intake is just 24 grams. Maybe next time you’ll rethink that extra pump of sweetener.
12. You can go smaller than the “tall.”
Unknown to many, is that Starbucks offers an 8 oz. “short.” Although technically the “kids size,” this option is perfect for anyone wanting just a quick caffeine buzz.
13. Starbucks now offers coconut milk as an alternative to dairy and soy.
According to the company, this was the “second-most requested customer idea of all time,” and with good reason, as it is a great option for those who are vegan, lactose-intolerant, paleo, or allergic to to other dairy alternatives.
14. A “grande” sized coffee contains four times the amount of caffeine as Red Bull.
Starbucks gives you wings?
15. There is an entire website dedicated to the Starbucks secret menu.
Although the secret menu has risen to popularity in recent years, a slew of outrageous items remain unknown to most. Such drinks, including the Captain Crunch Berry Frappuccino, Spiced Apple Chai, and the Caramel Snickerdoodle Macchiato blur the line between coffee and dessert. Dare to try one on your next visit?
Hooked on Starbz? Check out these related articles: