If you aren’t following the @squirrels_of_iu Instagram account, then you’re missing out. Bloomington is home to the most confident squirrels around, and they can usually be found lazily snacking without a care in the world (AKA living the dream). Sure @squirrels_of_iu documents wildlife, but actually they’re describing every college student’s relationship with food. Read on to see just how similar your typical Hoosier is to a B-town squirrel.
1. Take what you can, give nothing back.
Free food at a call-out meeting means potential leftovers for days.
2. Awkward eye contact while eating is unavoidable.
“I can’t chew when you’re staring into my soul, dammit!”
3. Not knowing your limit, until it’s too late.
“I’m feeling much better!”
4. Party fouls happen to the best of us.
If only all parties had such conveniently-placed tree trunks.
5. You guard your food with your life.
Communal living has given you lightning quick reflexes when you hear someone rummaging around in the pantry.
6. Hanger is real.
The Walking Dead = IU students who haven’t eaten in the past 20 minutes.
7. Eat. Work out. Eat more.
Going to the gym is total justification for stuffing your face at every other moment of the day.
8. Sometimes you need a moment, just you and your burrito.
There’s magic there.
9. “When your day is long / And the night, the night is yours alone”
Eating alone can be tough.
10. You eat your feelings during a Netflix binge.
It’s just you, The X-Files and as many bowls of popcorn as you want to make.
11. You eat as frequently as possible.
Just never stop eating.