On the Wednesday before spring break, Spoon UMD partnered with the Department of Resident Life in its first “Cake-in-a-Mug” event. Residents in Cumberland Hall gathered in their building’s lounge, each with a mug and spoon in hand, ready to make microwavable chocolate cake – in a mug.

cake

Photo by Alice Zhou

We sent Erika, the resident assistant, this easy cake recipe so she could buy the ingredients beforehand.

cake

Photo by Alice Zhou

On the day of the event, Spoon UMD headed out ready to assist everyone in creating their very own personal-sized chocolate cake.

cake

Photo by Alice Zhou

ResLife was the perfect partner for the activity, as resident assistants are often looking for fun floor bonding activities. Spoon UMD eliminates the stress of planning for the event since we hand RAs the recipe and attend the event itself to ensure that it goes smoothly. This time, Cake-in-a-Mug was a wonderful way for residents to destress after midterms and celebrate the approaching spring break.

cake

Photo by Alice Zhou

We had a blast organizing this event, and we’re hoping to do it again soon. If you want to partner with us in the future, contact us at spoonmarketingumd@gmail.com. We’d love to hear from you!

cake

Photo by Alice Zhou

Check out some of our other past events: