We all love treating ourselves to a nice dinner out occasionally. There are some days, however, when even walking down the hall from our dorm rooms to the water fountain feels like an exhausting task.

For the days when you feel confined to your room (or bed, even), most of these local restaurants will either deliver some bomb AF food right to your door, or have it ready for pickup in no time. We’ve talked to countless students and rounded up a list of takeout favorites, so you won’t be disappointed.

1. JW Chens

Photo by Channing Foster

Photo by Channing Foster

This is not your everyday Chinese takeout. JW Chens delivers authentic cuisine inspired by Jean, a warm, Cantonese woman with a passion for food.

#SpoonTip: Order the Honey Chicken, Almond Shrimp, or Jeans favorite, the Beef Brisket Noodle Soup – they’re the restaurant’s specialties.

2. Blaze Pizza

New to the South Bend area, Blaze Pizza is cranking out fresh, flatbread style pizzas in 180 seconds flat. Choose one of the restaurant’s signature pizzas, or customize your own.

#SpoonTip: Order online and skip the long lines that sometimes stretch all the way down Eddy Street.

3. Between the Buns

Photo courtesy of Between the Buns

Photo courtesy of Between the Buns

This hole-in-the-wall restaurant bar is becoming more and more popular with Notre Dame students. With specials like $0.49 wing Mondays and massive Bloody Marys and Papa Smurfs before football games, Between the Buns is unsurprisingly a student favorite.

Check out the full menu and daily specials here.

4. Flamingos Restaurant/Grocery (Tacos El Pariso)

Photo courtesy of Flamingos Restaurant

Photo courtesy of Flamingos Restaurant

Located inside the authentic Flamingos Mexican Grocery, these tacos are straight from (south of) the border. Creamy queso fresco, homemade tostadas, slow roasted barbacoa, quesadillas, and tacos for days will keep you coming back for more.

When you are finished eating, be sure to pick up some sweet yucca candy and guava juice from the market.

#SpoonTip: Check out the $1.00 tacos on Sundays and Wednesdays.

5. Elia’s

Photo courtesy of Elia's

Photo courtesy of Elia’s

At this Mediterranean restaurant, Mrs. Elia puts her passion for food into all of the fresh, classic dishes on the menu. Try the baba ghannouge (pureed eggplant and garlic spread), kabobs, or beef shawarma (beef marinated in red wine, vinegar and spices).

Elia’s will have you booking a vacation to Greece ASAP.

6. Salsa’s Mexican Grill

Photo courtesy of Salsa's Mexican Grill

Photo courtesy of Salsa’s Mexican Grill

Allow most commonly known for great margarita deals, this Mexican restaurant offers much more than a super fun (sometimes hard-to-remember) Wednesday night. Most notable on the menu are the table side, made-to-order guacamole, the big-as-your-face burritos, and, of course, the frozen margaritas.

#SpoonTip: Try the restaurant’s new beerrita and winerita. Order early on Sundays and Wednesdays, when the restaurants has its biggest deals.

7. Villa Macri

Photo courtesy of Villa Macri

Photo courtesy of Villa Macri

Upgrade your typical Friday night delivery with Villa Macri. This Italian restaurant flies somewhat under-the-radar, but we have talked to countless Notre Dame students who have raved about the authentic, affordable food.

Favorite student dishes include the spinach and artichoke dip, Toscana shrimp (think sautéed shrimp covered in a spicy, garlicky cheese sauce), and the large variety of massive deli sandwiches.