Food trucks are the new craze, and South Bend just got on board. Every Tuesday and Thursday this summer you can find various food trucks located in front of the Morris Performing Arts Center in DTSB (AKA Food Truck Alley). So, for everyone who decided to stick around here this summer here is a list of my favorite food trucks in South Bend.

1. Waffle Wagon

Welcome to waffle heaven! You can get basically any kind of mouth watering waffle at this food truck. With waffles like PB&J, Monte Cristo, Macaroni, and Nutella, there's definitely a little something for everyone here.

2. Martins Side Street Deli

South Bend's favorite local supermarket now has a food truck. You can get fried chicken, paninis, nachos, and much more. I got chicken tenders for only $1 each! Totally worth it.

3. The Wiener Shack & Grill

hot dog, mustard, cheese
Kiersten Lieurance

The Weiner Shack & Grill adds a twist to your standard hotdog, like this bacon wrapped chipotle dog. And you absolutely have to try the pesto and parmesan french fries (check out the cover photo). 10/10 would recommend.

4. SmoqTruq

Crating destination BBQ, dreaming in smoke, and having fun along the way, SmoqTruq will not disappoint. Briskets slow roasted for 12-15 hours will melt in your mouth. Oh, and did I mention the sauce?

5. Cool Runnings Jamaican Restaurant

This Jamaican food truck rolled into South Bend in 2016. Cool Runnings serves up authentic jerk chicken and ribs. You can find this food truck in downtown South Bend every Tuesday.

6. Sammy Arepas

Adding a little Latin flavor to the Bend, Sammy's Arepas opened just last year. And they even have gluten-free, vegetarian, and vegan options! So, there's no excuse not to try these delicious Venezuelan arepas.

7. The Hog Trough BBQ

Another BBQ food truck for anyone missing some good southern BBQHog Tough BBQ makes a mean pulled pork sandwich, corn casserole, and mac n' cheese.

You know where I'll be every Tuesday/Thursday this summer.