My freshman year was probably one of the toughest years of my life. I was suddenly thrown into a new life, with new people, with a new atmosphere, that I did not know what I was in for. Considering how difficult it was for me then, little did I know it would help me become a bigger and better person my sophomore year. I have experienced a whole lot of change, but it was the best change that I have ever experienced. I overall became tougher, wiser, and a more positive individual, so here is why and how sophomore year has made me a bigger and better person.

1. Joining a Sorority

cake
Danielle Kornbluh

Its by far the finest thing I’ve ever done. Being apart of a Sorority has made me grow and mature, as I took on a leadership role, strengthened my bonds with old friends, and became closer to new friends. With it being a second family, I know I can rely on my sisters for being there and being the best support system, while I travel this difficult journey.

2. Having a more Positive outlook on life

beer, pizza
Danielle Kornbluh

I’ll admit, I complain about the stupidest things and can have a negative outlook on the future. Reality is, life is too short and it’s just not worth it. I try to look at everything in a positive way and try not to get too caught up on the stupid things. With trying to stay positive, I also try to surround myself with positive people.

3. Welcoming everyone with open arms

beer, wine
Danielle Kornbluh

I have learned that you cannot judge a book by its cover. Accept everyone and be kind to everyone you meet. I have met so many people through all of my classes and all the clubs and organizations I have joined. We all just want everyone to be nice.

4. Becoming More Involved on Campus

Danielle Kornbluh

I have been willing to try new things, by joining more clubs and organizations, where I’ve had the privilege of meeting some amazing people. My advice to any incoming freshman or even anyone who is currently in college, is to be open to every opportunity that is given to you and do not reject any offer, because you might regret it later on. I was confident enough this past year to take risks.

5. Surrounding Myself with People who Love me

beer, coffee, wine, tea
Danielle Kornbluh

We all just want to find "our people" in college, and freshman year I had a difficult time doing so. Sophomore year, I was introduced to some of my best friends, who I hope to continue to surround myself with for years to come. Thanks to the people I met in Delta Zeta, Spoon University, Student Council, and so much more this year was a breeze.

6. And Always Making Sure my Family had my Back

wine, beer
Danielle Kornbluh

Although I was capable of keeping myself very busy this past year, I always made sure I had time to keep my family in the loop. I know whenever I have an issue or missing home, they will always be there for me and I am just an hour and a half drive away.